Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i have just ordered a 1.4 in v\green with dsg box.2 months delivery agaahhhhh.
but give me a chance to get the finances in position.i will sell my old car on e bay, the trade in was very low .but if no sale then i will let it go on the trade price, but really its criminal
what i was offered .i have had several vw cars in the past 2 corras [one 2.9 vr6 the other a 2.0 ]both very good cars no faults.one little loop gti another great car but has a lot of mechanical blips [new cam at 900 miles] ,that really pp me off and other warning light blips.
polo for the wife that was no trouble. so hopeing the new vw will be good un.
viewed a 1.4 at a dealer in v\green :shock: to my mind its the only colour to have .

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hi Sparky and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on the new order. 2 months is not so bad, plenty waiting longer. You'll almost always get more for your car privately. It's just the pain of juggling the sale so your not without a car.

Good to have you on board

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the 'waiting for a Viper Green 1.4' section of the forum. I love the colour, not least because I'll never lose the car in a car park, but I'm slightly worried I'll get noticed by all the wrong people (spotty 19 year olds with Corsas and an attitude, vandals, plod). However, I really thought it suited the car, and since I've just passed 40 (well 42 actually), I'm definitely in the 'if not now, then when?' mind set :roll: . Still, 12 hours on from registering and no one has told me I've chosen the wrong engine yet... :p

Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chris your just a baby at 42. i am selling my merc 1.8 compressor,nice car but the 1.4 has more power ?.i would like to here from any guys here that have the 1.4 spec engine. does sound on the complicated side turbo and supercharger ?
i had my merc for 4 years never missed a beat ,but the model clc coup is a pig to look at, so that why i chose the good looking roc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep the weeks will drag .waited 3 months for a a3 turbo ,was murder .said i would never do it againe still here we are in the waiting room hahaha. my wife sandra will use the car in the week .she had no idea what v\green is got a shock :?:
going to the best car in tescos car park :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got a production date build week 25 .collect end of june poss 1st week july. looking to sell my car. in a week or two
could list on e bay see how it pans out .sold a vw in the past on e bay.i have found that vw sell with out a lot of trouble but a merc ???????????? . had a weeks holiday in devon no sign of any rocs all week was looking to show er in door one but sadly none at all. i have never seen a v\green one on the road lets face it guys you cant miss one in v green :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ordered 1.4 Black Beauty end of March.No delivery date as yet.Sold my Audi TT 3.2V6 quattro on pistonheads.com & got an extra £1,500 on dealer trade in offer.Would appreciate any feedback on the 1.4 engine.Sold TT as I could'nt get the grandkids in the back.Also more m.p.g.and less tax and insurance,plus I'm a 65 yr.old O.A.P.!!!!

Am I going to be the oldest owner of a roc??

Grandad

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am a little worried at the 1.4 motor love to here of any guys here that have one ??. maxdude you going to miss the power.
but will make up for it with the company of you little uns, no contest.family first in my book. why make a car [the lovely looking tt] but fit it with 2 seats in the back that are usless.un less has a couple of pet chimps . the rocs has the day on that one.i looked at the tt for years but [alll ways with my beer classes on] dude you beat me on age [59] still working as hard as i did at 21 god willing.got to pay for the roc

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
scottyroc said:
fensaddler said:
Welcome to the 'waiting for a Viper Green 1.4' section of the forum. I love the colour, not least because I'll never lose the car in a car park, but I'm slightly worried I'll get noticed by all the wrong people (spotty 19 year olds with Corsas and an attitude, vandals, plod). However, I really thought it suited the car, and since I've just passed 40 (well 42 actually), I'm definitely in the 'if not now, then when?' mind set :roll: . Still, 12 hours on from registering and no one has told me I've chosen the wrong engine yet... :p

Chris
you've chosen the wrong engine :lol: :lol:

only joking,,,,couldn't resist
And the wrong colour! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi. My Viper 1.4 TSI arrives in two days time (Wed morning) so only a few more hours to wait after a 4 month start! I think I have seen most of the colours now in the flesh and have to say I still love the green! I'm not a 'look at me' sort of person and was worried about the colour at first but every time I see one I am re-assured! I will let you know what I think of the performance but I do have to allow for the fact I'm driving a Prius at the moment and so I'm likely to notice quite a difference even if its not as responsive as some you out there would wish for!

·
Registered
267 Posts
sparky said:
chris your just a baby at 42. i am selling my merc 1.8 compressor,nice car but the 1.4 has more power ?.i would like to here from any guys here that have the 1.4 spec engine. does sound on the complicated side turbo and supercharger ?
i had my merc for 4 years never missed a beat ,but the model clc coup is a pig to look at, so that why i chose the good looking roc.
I have the 1.4 and its so responsive its unreal, you get performance and economy, perfect economy!!!the wya i understand the turbo and supercharger works is that thae supercharger works until 3800 revs then the turbo kicks in but thats only my guess from driving it, if someone knows different though im open to suggestions.

·
Registered
572 Posts
welcome to the viper club - can't wait to get mine Sept.
My friend gave me a very strange look when I told her what colour I had ordered but then having said that she didn't like my glossy aubergine kitchen when I had that done last year either :lol:

·
Registered
572 Posts
what's wrong with that both edible colours :D

you wait till we get hubbys little run around (he's retired now so only needs a little diddy car ;) )

I'll post a photo of the two of them together when we get his about a month after mine but you'll definately need shades on then :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.