Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

Ordered mine last week! Its a company car so went for the GT TDI to keep the company car tax nice an low ;-)

From reading on here it sounds as though I've made the right choice by joining the Scirocco party. Getting excited!

Been told I've got to wait 3 months though which is a killer. What the hell are they doing, growing it?! ;-)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Look at it from the bright side: by the time you have it, you will have read all there is to find on this forum about your 'soon to arrive' Rocco.
1. You will not have to read the manual before you start it (as you will have read all there is to read)
2. You will get loads and loads of ideas how to change/mod it
3. you will gaze at all the posted pictures
4. You know we all will support you in this long wait

And after the wait is over, you'll soon find out why you did.....
believe me, it's worth it (even coming from one that bought a stock model, well specced nevertheless).

By the way, Welcome !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Hi Hawky,

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Demand seems to be growing again. They were freely available for a while with lots of stock but things seem to have returned to normality. The wait will be tough and no doubt you'll spend most of your life on here for the next three months! If there's anything you want to know just ask.

Quite a friendly bunch on here. What spec did you go for then?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey!

Cheers for the welcome!

Like I say, it's a company car so didn't have the choice for any options so it's the Standard GT 2.0 TDI as it comes. Went for white. I normally hate white cars but it works so well with this little puppy. I've got a BMW 116 at the moment so I'm looking forward to a car that actualy does something when you put your foot down! I realise the TDI is the slowest out of the 3 at the mo but I'm hoping it's still pokey enough? Everyone on here seems to have the petrol models. Anyone else got any experience with the diesel?

And yes I think I'll be spending a fair bit of time on here over the next 3 months. I'm not sure if it will help with the wait or not to be honest. Especially looking at everyone's pics! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

I live in Birmingham and I've only seen one on the road round here which seems strange.

Oh well, 90 or so more sleeps to go............. :shock:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah its the 140 unfortunately. I tried for the 170 but they were having none of it!

This forum is paying off already though. I didn't realise the 6 CD changer was standard? It's a bit cryptic on the VW website so I wasn't sure. I was hoping it was. Where do they put the unit?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Hawky808 said:
Nah its the 140 unfortunately. I tried for the 170 but they were having none of it!

This forum is paying off already though. I didn't realise the 6 CD changer was standard? It's a bit cryptic on the VW website so I wasn't sure. I was hoping it was. Where do they put the unit?
The head unit has a six disc changer built in. You just keep feeding discs into the disc slot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.