Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm picking up a 3 month old 09 Scirocco GT Automatic in White on Friday. Trading in my 57 plate Audi TT. I am really exited. I hope it lives up to my expectations! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very interesting to see how many ex TT owners are delighted with their Roc purchase. The TT was always my ultimate dream car (never owned one) but now I'm going to buy a Roc for somewhat less expense plus hearing all the great reviews I feel like I'm making a huge (positive) jump in the car stakes and surpassing how delighted I would have felt if I had managed to go for a TT :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
elle1 said:
Very interesting to see how many ex TT owners are delighted with their Roc purchase. The TT was always my ultimate dream car (never owned one) but now I'm going to buy a Roc for somewhat less expense plus hearing all the great reviews I feel like I'm making a huge (positive) jump in the car stakes and surpassing how delighted I would have felt if I had managed to go for a TT :D
I had always wanted a TT and was lucky to be able to afford a brand new 57 plate. I didn't ever think I would ever have another car as I loved it so much!! I was not upset in the slightest about trading it in for my Roc.....it's better to drive and the GT comes with most things standard that were extra in the TT. Plus to say it has the same bhp as the TT I am sure it is faster.....especially in S mode!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
liz1981 said:
elle1 said:
I had always wanted a TT and was lucky to be able to afford a brand new 57 plate. I didn't ever think I would ever have another car as I loved it so much!! I was not upset in the slightest about trading it in for my Roc.....it's better to drive and the GT comes with most things standard that were extra in the TT. Plus to say it has the same bhp as the TT I am sure it is faster.....especially in S mode!
I'm coming from a white 08 plate TT and have a huge debate going on at another forum. If you're interested, have a look here: http://www.auditt-talk.com/index.php?sh ... 5&start=15 - You may need to register though.

I will miss the handling and the interior of the TT but I love all the extra toys that the Roc comes with. Far better leather seats and you can fit two people in the back!

·
Registered
145 Posts
and don't forget the pointing and mouthing, which makes it even better !

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
liz1981 said:
You see I think the handling of the Roc compares to the TT.... particularly in Sports mode! Yes the interior of the TT is more refined but the Roc is far more fun to drive!
I think that the TT goes round corners a bit better. It seems to have a tighter turning circle. I can go round a really tight corner approaching my estate whilst booting the accelerator in the TT. I can't do it on the same corner with the Roc it won't turn in sharp enough. By the way, Sport mode only firms the suspension and makes the steering heavier, it doesn't do anything to the throttle response. if you leave the car in normal mode it will constantly adjust in and out of the equiv of sports mode on the dampers as and when required. To be honest I'm not really feeling the whole ACC thing. I can't really tell any difference between the settings (apart from heavier steering on sport).

I do think that the two cars are very very close though. But I didn't think that the Roc was quite as much fun... ...then I got a remap and lowered it. Haven't touched the TT since!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
You know what. Bugger this! It's a beautiful night. I'm going for a drive!
:thumbdown: go on rub it in = can't don't have my new roc and I've had bottle & half of wine :( or is that :D lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
Good choice Liz, i was torn between a TT and the Roc, never looked back since!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imitebeurda said:
nice pics Liz, (BTW is that you in the wee pic on your flickR page?) dont forget to enter your pics in the picture of the month thread! You could win a "net" t-shirt!! ;)
Yeah thats me in the little picture on my flickr page. Why?? :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
liz1981 said:
imitebeurda said:
nice pics Liz, (BTW is that you in the wee pic on your flickR page?) dont forget to enter your pics in the picture of the month thread! You could win a "net" t-shirt!! ;)
Me thinks he likes you ;-) lol

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JonnyH said:
liz1981 said:
imitebeurda said:
Me thinks he likes you ;-) lol
:oops:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.