Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peeps,
I'm just back from a short holiday round ole blighty, got back from Centre Parcs on Friday eve dropped the wife and kids off then hopped in the Roc and was off to the SW to visit some old friends, lovely drive down 'Early' Sat AM and came back yesterday via North Devon (it's a long story) and it was while toeing it around the Avon and Somerset manor that one of my more risque overtaking manouevres was not shall we say admired by the traffic officer on his bike coming towards me. I knew I was for a tug so much to his surprise was that I had already stopped by the side of the road with hazzards on before he had a chance to turn around come after me (brownie points for me there). He opened with the line "so take me through that again" and I thought I was for it, 15 mins later after he advised "not to overtake approaching a sweeping left hander, but leave it for a right hander when you could have got right up his chuffer coming into the bend then blow him away as it opens up again scaring the life out of the old boy as you do it" his words not mine. He then said he was not going to write me up but would very much like to look over the car and even asked to have a sit in it.

Anyone else being felt by the long arm of the law in their new roccos??

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
When I was younger I was pulled a few times for speeding but never once got a ticket. Like you, if you play it well, your honest and polite you should be OK.

In fact I've never had a speeding ticket except for a few months back while hoilidaying in Australia. Of all cars it was while driving a camper van!. Ticket come through only a few weeks back for $227 (About £110). Debating if I should even pay it or not.

·
Registered
572 Posts
You were lucky - mind you I often think if you don't get snotty etc they'll often let you off with a warning providing you weren't being a complete idiot with speed etc.

Nope never been pulled over but I have a sneaky suspicion that will change when I get my Roc - cos they won't miss me in Viper :mrgreen: hubby reckons I've been dead lucky so far with my big right foot :lol:
we've got a friend who's a traffic cop and he loves to book women with fast/big cars especially if they cry thinking that they'll be let off then - nope not with him that just guarantees you a ticket.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Le-Savage...that is a very funny story and working for the police It makes me laugh sooo much more.... they are always on about my car n iv let a few drive it!!! hehe funny!!

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Great story Le_Sav, glad to have you back!! ;) Do you remember those fake arm things that were popular years back? It was like an elbow down from a mannequin that you hung out the bottom of your door. (bit like the wee plastic fingers you used to see on people's boots only sadder)

Well I had one of those arms hanging out of a citroen BX (I know but it was 20 odd years ago) a frantic traffic cop pulled me over because "my childs arm was caught and hanging out of the car", lets just say he wasnt too impressed when I showed him. Not sure who was the more embarressed. :oops:

TonyIroc said:
When I was younger I was pulled a few times for speeding but never once got a ticket. Like you, if you play it well, your honest and polite you should be OK.

In fact I've never had a speeding ticket except for a few months back while hoilidaying in Australia. Of all cars it was while driving a camper van!. Ticket come through only a few weeks back for $227 (About £110). Debating if I should even pay it or not.
I have been on the phone to Interpol Tony, you are now on the "Camper Van Crime Data Base" most wanted list. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.