Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How quickly are people finding white Rocos get dirty? I really want a white one but am constantly thinking it will need washing like every day, and I'm lazy and that won't happen so it will end up looking dirty all the time!! What are people finding? Also does anyone have any pics of one that isn't spotlessly clean??

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you don't like washing your car i'd go for rising blue or silver. Mine is white and i find it looks dirty when the roads are wet or salty, but most colours would. Covering large distances in the dry is not a problem. Due to the shape of the car the back end will end up dirty no matter what colour you get. Just wax it and hose it down if its getting dirty between washes :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had a white Mk 5 GTI for 3 years, it only gets really dirty in the short time just after snow / winter when the road has allot of salt on it, basically you wont have to worry about that until a year from now, never buy a car in colour just because you think it will hide the dirt. Get what your heart thumps at when you see it, you are doing yourself an injustice otherwise.

·
Registered
53 Posts
All cars get dirty at the same rate, it just stands out a bit more on a white one.
I am on the motorway a lot and I am happy cleaning once a week, tbh it has to get really dirty before it stands out from a distance. I am happy to have white because the colour itself pressures me to keep it clean, which is good for the paintwork and wheels not just asthetics if you ask me.

·
Registered
484 Posts
very fast for me as the roads im on are just wrecked from farmers so washin it nearly everyday

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had a white mk2 Scirocco for 8 years now and it always seems to look clean, i also had a black polo Gti for the last 4 years and that was a nightmare to keep clean, so i had no second thoughts on buying a candy white Scirocco!

·
Registered
277 Posts
My mate had a black RX-8, nightmare to keep clean, funny enough, black is harder to keep clean than white, cleaned mine today after 330 mile trip, hardest part was the alloys, but still only 20 mins!

Sorry,...no swappsies.

·
Banned
86 Posts
trouble with the roc is the curve on the sills makes it a sh#t magnet so dirt is visable, the sills trims on gtis hide a multitide of sh#te

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
rado said:
How quickly are people finding white Rocos get dirty? I really want a white one but am constantly thinking it will need washing like every day, and I'm lazy and that won't happen so it will end up looking dirty all the time!! What are people finding? Also does anyone have any pics of one that isn't spotlessly clean??
I notice that the boot/back gets very dirty very quickly. Probably because it has a big butt!! :shock:

·
Registered
412 Posts
some of my work colleagues kept saying "don't get a white car you'll be cleaning it all the time" personally i think this is a load of rubbish. my previous car was red and it looks just as dirty after a week as my white one does now. it's easy to see when you start getting a layer of dust, it loses its shine just the same as any other colour car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts