Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just wondering what experience anyone has had using the factory fit sat nav. I've ordered it on my scirocco but just curious about the navigation not using last two digits of post code? I'm currently using a tom tom which is brilliant for the money but just fed up having to charge it and clip it on and off all the time (not to mention wipe off the smear marks Lol!).

Cheers guys and be careful out there...

Mark

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi Mark,

I was using a tom tom before getting the roc and was very pleased with it. The factory nav on the roc is by no means a dissapointment after using a tom tom, it's a very good system especially with all the other gadgetry that's included. Best ICE system i've had in a car.

The only thing i miss from the tom tom is the speed camera locations. Would be a little easier if you could just enter the full post code too but if your having to look up an address to enter in sat nav then finding the street name doesn't make things any trickier really. I didn't spec my car, as i didn't have the luxury of waiting for one, hence i ended up with sat nav but if i ordered another now i'd get the sat nav again. My parents have just ordered a roc too and have also specced nav.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
I've heard its one of the best in car Nav's going touch screen, Traffic updates... You CM you right about the post code lol it a bitch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, that sounds like good news then. I must admit I didn't bother with the audio upgrade as my previous VW Passat's standard system was really good anyway. Just ticking off the days 'til I take delivery now - can't wait!

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
372 Posts
I didn't get dynaudio upgrade either and its still the best stereo system i've had :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
im goin for an aftermarket sat nav as i can get it way cheaper than factory hopefully it will b good

·
Registered
484 Posts
no bother boy all goin well it should b in very soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts