Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ordered a 2.0 TSI on 14 May, any ideas when I can expect delivery, the dealer seems to be pretty vague on lead times, so was wondering, how long did you wait for yours?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think the official line is 10 to 12 weeks. I ordered mine 12/3 arriving in 1 week pick up planned for Weds 27/5, absolutely can;t wait. I wold prefer it if i was sedated and woke up Weds morning to pick up my car.

·
Registered
309 Posts
atayub said:
I think the official line is 10 to 12 weeks. I ordered mine 12/3 arriving in 1 week pick up planned for Weds 27/5, absolutely can;t wait. I wold prefer it if i was sedated and woke up Weds morning to pick up my car.
your car is virtually identical to mine i get mine end of june tell me what it is like when it arrives cheers :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered my 2.0 TDI in candy white with leather on the 13th of march and picked it up on the 21st of may so not to long. The dealer will quote up to 3 months to cover their backs buts thats worst case scenario.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
imitebeurda said:
I was 6 days :oops: bought the demonstrator!
i think you might hold the record cant see 6 days beaten
I traded in My Z4 which I had bought in July (2008) for £21,995 when I went to VW they offered me £13,995 for it. That was at the start of february. So that was £8,000 I was losing in 6 and a half months and 6,000 miles (I reckon it would have been cheaper to have got a taxi for the 6 months :oops: :( ) so I didnt think factory ordering and a further 3-4 month wait was advisable as I might have ended up having to give them money to take the Z4. They had jst received their new demo in that day, so I did the deal there and then!! ;)

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
imitebeurda said:
sciroccorocket said:
imitebeurda said:
I was 6 days :oops: bought the demonstrator!
i think you might hold the record cant see 6 days beaten
I traded in My Z4 which I had bought in July (2008) for £21,995 when I went to VW they offered me £13,995 for it. That was at the start of february. So that was £8,000 I was losing in 6 and a half months and 6,000 miles (I reckon it would have been cheaper to have got a taxi for the 6 months :oops: :( ) so I didnt think factory ordering and a further 3-4 month wait was advisable as I might have ended up having to give them money to take the Z4. They had jst received their new demo in that day, so I did the deal there and then!! ;)
yep some times you just have to bite the bullet,

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry guys,

This girl has beaten the record: went in to VW on Thursday, April 2nd and bought it. Delivery was the next Saturday, April 4th (due to the fact it was a (rather well "spec'd" stock model).
2 whole days of waiting (rather 1,5 days than 2).

If I went for factory order I would have probably held the longest wait period record as well. I planned to order end of March and then I got the news that I could expect delivery in October, maybe November (in Belgium you have to wait +6 months in case of a factory order). Don't know why, but that's what they told me.

:roll:

·
Registered
145 Posts
"humble bow"

but if it is a consolation: i have been driving it around for 6 weeks, always with a smile on my face, but for the time being, I can only jump to the back of the garden on my crutches to have a look at it, as I'm totally not allowed to drive it for the next 4 or 5 weeks. And it really gets on my nerves.
Already 2 weeks of almost total immobility behind me, still 4 or 5 to go.
So me too will have kind of a waiting period, and I think it's even worse. I have it here, but can't drive it (frankly I wouldn't be able to get in with this knee!)

counting the days (as many of you have and will)

^x^

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.