Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I travel 44 miles a day (about 2 hours altogether) and i'm getting really fed up of it! i've done 10k miles in 8 months, i don't want my engine to wear out that quick :x does anyone else do similar miles? i want to see how my journey compares to others.

don

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I work in a number of locations, my main office is a 42 mile round trip, takes me about 45 minutes each way (managed 41mpg on the way home today!) 1 day a fortnight I have a 200 mile round trip dont mind it so much as its a nice drive.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi all,

I travel about 120 miles, to the office and back but I also work around the country.
I'm from Croydon way, but quite often have to go as far as Edinburgh North bound and Wales West Bound.... basically do a lot of miles. I get a car allowance and my Scirocco (when it comes) will be leased and have limited miles on it (a bloody lot of limited miles!)

Looking forward to the comfort of it though, can't wait....... hopefully 2-3wks max now..... pretty please

Paul

·
Registered
261 Posts
Chalkie said:
I have about a 2 mile round trip to work. It does have its advantages but belive it or not being close to work also has its disadvantages.
Yes short traffic heavy journeys in a 2.0 TSi really crushes the MPG averages.
Seeing the petrol gauge go down almost a notch when I haven't really been anywhere is quite depressing.

·
Registered
252 Posts
nickp said:
Seeing the petrol gauge go down almost a notch when I haven't really been anywhere is quite depressing.
I know the feeling all to well :x

I do 14 miles each way into Edinburgh City centre - 14 miles takes around 1hr for me on a good day, on a bad anything close to 2hrs.

I've done almost 7K miles in 8 months with a 31mpg average.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thans for your replies, so it looks like i could be above average, but not as bad as some of you. in the long run it probably be better to have a shorter journey even though you may use more fuel on shorter ones

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Some days I walk up the garden to my office, other days I get the train to the city, other days I drive 80 mile round trip to Uxbridge, some days it's 160 mile roundtrip to Milton Keynes, and then 3-4 time a month it's 560 mile roundtrip to Liverpool... am I average as well?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
7 miles for me 5 of them on country roads so just 14 miles a day for me, most of my miles are running the kids about. its a 100 round trip to get tothe kids high jump training that can be twice a week
Is that becasue you don't have fences in Cumbria SR??

·
Registered
150 Posts
12 [pleasurable] mile round trip for me...through town, nothing special...but if you ignore the gauge what could be better transport to start the day...roco bliss :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
5 miles to work m1 junc 40 to 41........ by the time iv chosen a gud song from the millions on the hardddrive im there n its time 2 get out :(

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Le_Savage said:
Some days I walk up the garden to my office, other days I get the train to the city, other days I drive 80 mile round trip to Uxbridge, some days it's 160 mile roundtrip to Milton Keynes, and then 3-4 time a month it's 560 mile roundtrip to Liverpool... am I average as well?
nope you are well and truly original! :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.