Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know (even roughly) how many Sciroccos have been sold in the UK so far?

I havn't seen a single one on the roads down here in Kent (other than the one outside my house)....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all...

I haven't seen any either on the roads whatsoever up here in Birmingham, I do quite a bit of driving in and around the city centre and suburbs, even drove to Bristol yesterday and didn't see one throughout my 4 hours of motorway driving either.

By the way I'm new to the site, just ordrered the 2.0 GT TSI, should arive within the next week in silver. Wasn't too sure about the silver initially but saw one at my local dealer when the sun was out and it looked stunning, it showed the curves perfectly, probably not so god under the dull skys but hey...

·
Registered
283 Posts
basnowden, was in brum in mine today then gloucester so they are out there on the m5 :)

if you e-mail enquiries at vw they should be able to confirm numbers registered up to end of 2008, the've comfirmed numbers for me in the past

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To Basnowdon,

If you saw that silver roc as the demo in the Birmingham VW dealer then that one is now mine as I picked it up on Saturday!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes it was, I was there about two weeks ago at Birmingham VW and it was sitting outside so I guess it must have been, small world eh!

So, I'm due to receive my car within the next week or so in Silver so I'd be interested in your thoughts on the silver, bit late now I know but how does it feel to live with it? I guess you see so many white ones around I'd be interested to hear on what the silver looks light at various parts of the day :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
plenty are sellin in our garage here is ireland i think there is 10 comin in the next 4 weeks and one is mine :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
turbo said:
plenty are sellin in our garage here is ireland i think there is 10 comin in the next 4 weeks and one is mine :D
Really? I still haven't seen one out on the roads here yet. I was test driving a white one yesterday and was getting stares everywhere :D

Are any of them Dark Maroon by any chance, turbo? I'd nearly drive to Limerick to see it in reality before I order

·
Registered
484 Posts
well there is one on the road a rising blue and we have a white, black and salsa red one around and the next few that are comin in is white and black thats it

the dark maroon u are on about KRN1 is that salsa red by any chance and i work in blackwater motors in fermoy Co.Cork

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's this colour, grey / brown.

Looks lovely in the photos I've seen, but I've seen a passat in Mocha Arthracite which is supposed to be almost exactly the same colour and I didn't like it at all :? :?

·
Registered
484 Posts
oh ya that colour i have not seen any in that colour yet anyway

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thats called "Sumatra" on this side of the pond ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steady on mate - you sound like your going to top yourself !!! Can't be that bad.

So no one really knows how many Rocs have been sold so far then...?

·
Registered
252 Posts
business manager said:
I blame lack of marketing
I'm happy it's not had the in your face ads on TV like the new Golf is getting, I rather be 1 in 1000 on the road than 1 in 10,000, let's just hope the residuals hold on in this financial climate.

Do you still think it will hold *58% of its value after 3 years? - anyone can feel free to answer this.

* I was quoted 58% by a few dealers back in Sept before the shit hit the fans.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I very much doubt if any Scirocco will be worth 58% of original purchase price after 3 years; certainly not those cars that come loaded with expensive extras eg leather and sat nav. Ironically, probably the best bet will be the diesel in non-GT spec.

·
Registered
53 Posts
veeedubba said:
Had mine since November and not seen another on the road yet so its good to be in the minority
I agree, the longer that the Roc is a rarity on the road the more special it is. In my opinion it is a future classic!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
rehmondo said:
business manager said:
I blame lack of marketing
I'm happy it's not had the in your face ads on TV like the new Golf is getting, I rather be 1 in 1000 on the road than 1 in 10,000, let's just hope the residuals hold on in this financial climate.

Do you still think it will hold *58% of its value after 3 years? - anyone can feel free to answer this.

* I was quoted 58% by a few dealers back in Sept before the shit hit the fans.
VWFS have reduced this to just below 50%, however I imagine it will do well if the economy picks up again. It will still look cheap next to BMW 1 series coupe etc because it won't date as quickly. The other coupe's are going to look very old very quickly scirocco won't cos its a classic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts