Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having never had a car without a sunroof/convertible, I am wary of getting a Roc without the Pan roof, BUT having viewed all the reviews online with the test cars, the interior still seems to be quite dark?!?

How much of the roof is actually glass? It's a fair amount of extra money to spend, and after instantly speccing the same on the Mini when I bought it new (cost was around the same as well), in reality it didn't make that much difference given the size of the roofs e.g.

Looks big from the outside:

But in reality it was just a twin normal sized roof:

My local dealer doesn't have a Roc with the Pan roof, I'm wondering if it's really worth the extra cash. Has anybody got any good interior pictures that show how wide the roof is and what it's like when it's on tilt?

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
618 Posts

I had to have the roof. Tested two cars one with and without, the roof makes a huge difference IMO, and look superb from the outside aswell.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, interesting picture thanks. I thought it was a 'Astra' type panormaic roof which was an 'up&over' extension of the windscreen. Hmmm I might have to rethink my decision now and save some pennies.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Andy said:

I had to have the roof. Tested two cars one with and without, the roof makes a huge difference IMO, and look superb from the outside aswell.
I would back that up all the way, after driving both there is only one way to go. Although have to admit I was a little sad that the internal apeture was quite so small.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts