Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I am going to be installing a Parrot bluetooth kit soon and will need to remove the headunit and the drivers a pillar cover to do it. Anyone done it?

As the car is only a week old I don't want to break anything by doing it wrong.

Thanks

Si

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi there i do in car entatament systems for a bit of a hobby and i can tell you moden VW's are the hardist ones to work on as you just can't get the headunit out.

my advise to you is this.
1) go to VW and ask them the take the headunit out as they will have the tools for it and know what and where to undoo.
2) go to a good car audio shop that duse fittings it will cost a bit but will be quick.
the best thing about doing it this way is if your car gets damiged its there problem not yours to fix

·
Registered
252 Posts
Once you've taken out the surround (2 seconds with a plastic file), to remove the stereo just take out the screws holding it in place, I haven't looked yet but I'm assuming they will be torx screws (hoping).

jjaacckk said:
hi there i do in car entatament systems for a bit of a hobby and i can tell you moden VW's are the hardist ones to work on as you just can't get the headunit out.
Not for the guys who did this....

****I have now removed the pics as I certainly don't want it happening to me!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I saw that post a while back and when I saw 'how to remove headunit' I was thinking that maybe someone was planning a new hobby!

I don't think it's good to advertise this kinda thing :!:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
easybreeze said:
I saw that post a while back and when I saw 'how to remove headunit' I was thinking that maybe someone was planning a new hobby!

I don't think it's good to advertise this kinda thing :!:
I think that you may need to get out more. :lol: :lol:

People what want to remove stereos as a hobby wouldn't give a crap about the car. They would rip it out.

Can't see that many people would want a standard headunit either!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Le_Savage said:
Or the same with an integrated Sat Nav might be quite nice in the scally's corsa!!
Corsa? Are you telling me that thieving scum no longer cruise around in Vauxhall Nova's? In my day... <insert amusing story here>

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I can't believe you used the words 'cruise' and (any) vauxhall derivative in the same sentance.

Uh oh....what have I done.... could this be the begining of a GM model/owner debate!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts