Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Week 26 w/c 22/06 my blue baby will be birthed. :clap: :thumbup: :clap:

So, how long do I have to wait to actually get my sweaty hands on it please? How long did you guys have to wait from build week to first drive please? Any info gratefully received.

And, at what point after it arriving at the dealer (I don't know which dealer it is yet as I'm leasing and it's still all smoke and mirrors on that front), will I get registration details so I can organise insurance?

Also, if I get a PPlate, how long does this add to the process? Not sure I can even wait an extra day or so after all this waiting...!

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first new VW.

Cheers,
Michael

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Blue baby is also due on week 26 - but the dealer seemed pretty clueless as to how long it would be after that!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've ordered a GT TDI in Salsa through leaseplan as a company car.

I've just been told by the dealer that my build week is WK27 and that I should expect to receive the car early August

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Bloke654 said:
I've ordered a GT TDI in Salsa through leaseplan as a company car.

I've just been told by the dealer that my build week is WK27 and that I should expect to receive the car early August
Hi Bloke654 and welcome to the board.

Using you example that makes:

Build week 27
Delivery week 32

Or 5 weeks from build to delivery, when did you place your order, i'm guessing late april/early may (week 13 or 14)?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking in the background for some time working out what options and colour to go for.

In the end went for a GT TDI 140 in Salsa red with Dynaudio, Premium Bluetooth and Mats.

Ordered late April(can't remember the exact date) and can't wait for delivery. The feeling kind of reminds me of how it felt to be a kid waiting for Christmas. Just over a month to go and can't wait! :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.