Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but how much should i sell them for? they haven't been used on the road at all.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Think they've been going for around 800 quid with tyres. If I were you I'd find out what other models they'll fit and stick them on fleabay. If you're clever about listing them I bet you'll get lots of interest from other non Scirocco drivers that would love to have these. Start the bidding a bit lower and sell them as new. bet you get about a grand!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evil Derboy said:
Think they've been going for around 800 quid with tyres. If I were you I'd find out what other models they'll fit and stick them on fleabay. If you're clever about listing them I bet you'll get lots of interest from other non Scirocco drivers that would love to have these. Start the bidding a bit lower and sell them as new. bet you get about a grand!
excellent stuff thanks evil, i don't know how i'd find out what other models they'll fit though. i was aiming for a grand or more, i would have thought i could get at least £1500 as my 19"'s were £2000, most probably wishful thinking!

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is a set on the bay at the moment, item number 120431672094, keep an eye on them for a realistic idea on what you could get!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Well I've seen a few go for £800 on the forums. I think it's just a case of finding out the offset and the PCD. I'm not an expert on this but the offset is stamped on the wheel and is an ET number. Once you have that I think it's just a case of doing a bit of googling to find out what these figures are on the Golf, Leon etc. It's worth doing a bit of digging I reckon. Or just list them cleverly and put the PCD width and offset in your listing along with a disclaimer. I.e.

Listing:

VW Interlagos Alloys - Skoda/Golf/Audi/Seat 18" + tyres

Then in your listing:

"For sale a set of new, genuine Interlagos wheels taken from a VW Scirocco. PCD XX Offset XX, width, 18". Please check your car's own wheel fitment to make sure these will fit your car. if in doubt call your dealer. Seller accepts no responsibility for non fitment" - something along those lines. That way you'll grab the attention of Skoda and Seat drivers looking for new wheels but the onus is the buyer to make sure the fitment details match their own car.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I would say get yours on ebay too. Write a good advert and put lots of photos showing the condition and tyres. Then place links from all the VW forums to get a bit of extra interest.

I think that's the best way to get the market value.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for that, i typed in scirocco interlagos but couldn't find any on there, thanks again, i'll keep an eye on it

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
phill1101 said:
There is a set on the bay at the moment, item number 120431672094, keep an eye on them for a realistic idea on what you could get!
Good find! He's got all the info on his listing. Just copy it! Notice he's got "Golf, Audi" in his title, as I said I would list all VAG makes in the listing that way it will come up in more searches.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i'll check the offset bits n bobs, i don't know anything about offsets etc so i'm learning, i'll take some more photos tomorrow because i'm storing them at work at the mo. my managing director wasn't too pleased when he saw i had stored them in the downstairs office, he didn't mind too much though, considering someone else stored there 3 piece sweet in our warehouse :lol:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why are people selling them for £800 thats far too in cheap in my opinion!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
tdci aps said:
they do fit the new passat saw a set on one yesterday
They are the standard wheels on the Passat CC GT as well as the Scirocco GT.

Donnie did you buy your 19's aftermarket? They are a hell of a lot more expensive than speccing them from new.

Ignore this, i've just realised how old this thread is :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.