Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this may be a dumb question.....

Has anyone else noticed that they get slightly higher mpg on the sports setting versus comfort? If so, any ideas why?

P.S. Still loving the car!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Its the opposite for me, I just use Normal ACC now, I found I was getting less than 300 miles per tank with Sport on, now with Normal I get 340+ per tank. I have never bothered with comfort.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. May have to leave it in normal for a couple of tanks and see what I get. I've not got near 340 yet, but then I wouldn't say I've been trying conserve fuel yet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You think thats good? on another forum guys have got over 400!!!! I think I've only reached 350 max with 5 miles to go on the flashing warning light.

·
Registered
283 Posts
given the weather, try it in comfort, you'll find in the wet it handles slightly better as front doesn't wash out

·
Registered
252 Posts
wigit said:
given the weather, try it in comfort, you'll find in the wet it handles slightly better as front doesn't wash out
What tyres are on your car? A lot of people have had bother with the Pirellis, it rains every day up here in Scotland and so far I've had no issues in the wet - I have the Dunlops and they stick to the road like shit on a blanket.

veeedubba said:
who cares, when the tank is empty just fill it up!!
I certainly won't have that attitude when the petrol stations start robbing us again @ £1.30 per litre.

·
Registered
283 Posts
feedback i got was more issues with the dunlops, pirellis are ok unless you boot it out of tight corners at low speeds

·
Registered
252 Posts
wigit said:
feedback i got was more issues with the dunlops, pirellis are ok unless you boot it out of tight corners at low speeds
On another forum it's the opposite a lot of people having issues with Pirellis not the Dunlops. So I take it you have the Pirellis then?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Keycase situation, check your tyres are inflated properly, style of driving is important, throttle use and braking hard contributes as well as what kind of fuel you use, high octane fuels make the engine more efficient, plus the fuel tank to all volkswagons great ideas of motoring has cut the size from 55 litres to just 50 why i don't know? It shouldn't matter so much on the setting of the chassic control but the harder the setting the less settled the fuel will be in the tank so the reading will change more frequent.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definatley a few miles extra when in sport mode compared to standard, regulary topping 405 up to 415 miles showing on tthe rip when filling up to the click.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts