Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner

Insurance costs

7K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  Sam63 
#1 ·
Who are people insured with?

I have been quoted 536 quid for insurance for a roc, I'm 28 and live in a small village and the car will be parked off the street, the quote was with TESCO. No points and stuff...

Does that sound reasonable? :?:

#2 ·
i've come to the conclusion insurance is a lottery based on a whole host of factors, one thing you may wish to consider is if you indend modifying your car will they allow them if you are going to be a good boy and decalre them

#4 ·
Haven't got my car yet but I did seek quotes from confused.com just to give me an idea and got the following - age 45, Full protected NCB with a claim (my fault) in November last year came in at £237 with morethan - it was £195 when I did the same check a week before the crash.

#7 ·
GrimRoc said:
I have been quoted 536 quid for insurance for a roc, I'm 28 and live in a small village and the car will be parked off the street...
My details are almost identical to yours, and the best quote I had was with MORETH>N, at around £500 (as it happened I was already covered them so just changed the details on my existing policy).

Have you looked at using a site like Quidco or TopCashBack to save yourself a little bit extra on top?

#10 ·
I didn't bother getting a quote from them this time round, when I bought a Golf they quoted me close to £1200, I got fully comped by Sift Cover for £348!

I got my Scirocco covered by Admiral for £660 fully comped - age 25 with 3 points.

#15 ·
Would poster mind indicating the execess they have plumped for on their insurance? Sure you can bring the price down if you increase the execess but without that info it is it is difficult to judge beyween quotes.

No funny cracks you barstards...but with "Saga" I come in at £439 (then add legal protection, personal accident it comes to £515). Garaged, 10K PA clean licence, clean living and an old git to boot.

BoaT

Oh by the way..£150 excess :oops:

P.P.S I have a named driver - she does have 6 penalty points for speeding - I wonder...?

#17 ·
im 22 and Directline gave me the best quote £491...id recommend them! do it online they do 12months for the price on 10 and 10% online discount!!!

#23 ·
I'm 21, Scirocco ordered for August (No Delivery Date as yet), Best I'm getting is from swiftcover @ £820 for a 1.4 160PS DSG. Which is pretty amazing seeing as my current car is a VW Golf 1.4 Match (75 (weedy!) PS) and the price is about the same!!!

Just thought I'd drop that in, incase any other young'uns were wondering where might be cheapest.

- Corpse877

#24 ·
mines £370 with £250 excess, full no claims protected bonus by more than and im thirty five well cheaper than the quote from direct line

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.