Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Roc 2 weeks now and disappointed with the interior, it isnt a patch on the Golf GTI V I swapped it for. yes its just a little dearer than the GTI but I know how they ve managed it now.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Veeedubba

What are the problems you have encountered?

LCM

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just used to a less sparten interior and more storage. A typical example is the centre console. The Golf GTI has virtually the same but the compt on it has a slow opening cover the Rocco has been left open for all to see, this just about sums it up really there are no little touches if you understand. The focus has been put on the exterior styling and the interior has been forgotten in my opinion. Dont get me wrong the car is great but with a little more attention to detail it would have been brilliant.
Is everybody running their's in and how are you doing it?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Veeedubba

I understand where you are coming from although having only picked mine up on Wednesday and the fact I have been working every daylight hour since I haven't had the chance to fully assess the ifs and buts of the whole package.

One thing I did notice is that my last car (MK IV golf) had a hydraulic ram to hold the bonnet up, the Roc has got a manual arm that you slot into the bonnet - all very last century.

However I have to say that the time I have spent behind the wheel so far is awesome and the build quality is definatley up there however I will no doubt have a few gripes as time passes. Will keep you posted.

Cheers

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep I forgot about the bonnet arm lol how quaint. Another gripe was the pedals and footrest, the GTI had ally drilled which looked the dogs and the Rocco has normal rubber .....another cost cutting exercise. So I think we can safely assume that the Golf GTI is still VW's priority when it comes to styling touches.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you opt for the smokers pack don't you get the centre cubby hole with a lid, which makes it look a lot nicer? I will probably opt for this to keep things neat.

You can purchase door sills and alloy foot pedals from your dealer I think.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Scirocco doesn't get fancy interior. Its been binned to make it lighter - u have to admit the car is much lighter than ure old gti. The car is a sports coupe not a golf so the whole thing is aimed around that. Its not elise pure but the car is very good at being a car, but its not an armchair don't expect it to be one. New GTI will be more of the same but more comfortable.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So alloy drilled pedals and footrest wouldn't have made the car lighter ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds like a good salesman to me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts