Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
gt1 said:
http://www.dynolicious.com

Anyone else heard or tried this? I dont have an iphone myself but is this for real?
Believe... it is very very clever: worth the cash for a bit of techno fun.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea i have the app.... Seems ok.. although not really set it up and tried it properly yet.

First reading said 5.0sec and 375bhp..... How i wish that was true! Think i need to get the phone firmly strapped down and do a proper run.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ive got dynolicious. Ive used it a little. You have to input your cars weight in, and this is what I dont like. The only figure I could have thought of was 1400kgs, but its obviously not exactly. However this is only required to measure the cars power (i think) as it says mine is 129kw on the FLY, which is wrong. I dont know how it uses the accelerometers in the iphone to do it, but it gets the speed correct everytime, it somehow knows it. So if you do a run to say 87km/h it will only measure the time to 80km/h for example. Some screen shots - ignore teh backgrounding enabled part, it happens cos my iphone is jailbroken. also gives you a graph etc with your G's etc etc

·
Registered
455 Posts
Flux said:
Ah ok so it stops recording the figures when it reachs 60 but the test still goes on?
Nope, if you run it to 200km.h it will record the time ;) in that run i only hit 100 and something... other runs it has been 140 but not more than that have I tried... yet ;)

Our local car tests here weighed in the scirocco at 1400kg, so I used that. must get it weighed somewhere actuially!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.