Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the thread says, is anyone using their iPhone through the iPOD control?

Picking up my Roc in a week, haven't got an iPOD but starting to look at one but also need a new phone and i'm thinking that it may be an idea to combine the two! :)

Looking to get my Parrot hands free kit installed as soon as possible as well so the phone would need have its bluetooth on and the iPOD control working as well.

Any experiences would be great!

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
173 Posts
Cant help on the bluetooth whilst listening to the Ipod im afraid but I love how you control it off the HU. Also when you plug it in a message pops up on the phone saying to activate plane mode so that you don't get incomming calls as it will interfere with the sound :S.Maybe that means its not possible?

I just got a tiny lil Ipod nano, filled it with music and leave that in there all the time now. Nothing wrong with using the Iphone just means I can be lazy and not have to plug it in everytime.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had planned to use my 3rd Gen iPod during my 4 hour journey home when I picked up my Roc, however my iPod didn't work so well, so in a last ditched attempt to get some music I plugged in my iPhone.

I can report when you plug it in it uses the iPod mode without going into Flight Mode.

Then when someone calls you the music stops and the ringer plays through the car speakers then when you answer you can hear the person again through the cars speakers, however since the phone is located in the arm rest you have to shout very loudly for someone to hear you alternatively you could buy a bluetooth headset to use as a mic.

Hope that helps!

PS lemme know if you want me to test something else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rehmondo said:
I had planned to use my 3rd Gen iPod during my 4 hour journey home when I picked up my Roc, however my iPod didn't work so well, so in a last ditched attempt to get some music I plugged in my iPhone.

I can report when you plug it in it uses the iPod mode without going into Flight Mode.

Then when someone calls you the music stops and the ringer plays through the car speakers then when you answer you can hear the person again through the cars speakers, however since the phone is located in the arm rest you have to shout very loudly for someone to hear you alternatively you could buy a bluetooth headset to use as a mic.

Hope that helps!

PS lemme know if you want me to something else.
That sounds like the ideal scenario. Leave it plugged in for music then you could have the bluetooth activated and with my parrot kit installed it could pick up the bluetooth singal from the phone. Everyone's a winner! :)

After I started this thread last night I remembered one of my mates has an iPhone. When I get the Roc and my Parrot kit installed, i'll see if i can borrow him and his phone for 1/2 hour to see if it works! :)

I shall let you all know how I get on! Thanks for the info.

Cheers.

Rich

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was wondering along with the fact it will do audio etc, will you be able to send the video signals to the screen too ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
rehmondo said:
This is good - its just a shame that the bluetooth on iPhone is not that great. My personal experience is that the bluetooth headset has always been very quiet... going to have to try again when my roc arrives in like a week or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts