Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Am new to the site - got my scirroco in March for the new plate - really is an awesome car!

Have a question though - I have just got round to finding out about all it does, I have been playing the Ipod through the AUX input, but now want to control it through the wheel / screen.
But when i plug the Media In Lead (that came with the car) to the ipod lead, then to my Ipod, i cannot get it to play through the system and it doesnt recognise that the ipod is plugged in?

The ipod is charging so it recognises there is something there... ANy help
I believe i have an RCD 510 (Touch screen jobby?)

DO i need a specific wire fromthe MEDIA IN wire to the IPOD?
Or do i need to set it up in the SETUP screen?

All help is appreciated
Thanks very much...

R

G

·
You need a wire that goes directly from the media in socket under the arm rest to your ipod.

You should get two leads, one connects into the aux socket on the front of the arm rest the other into the media in socket inside the arm rest.

Not sure what cable you have as the one for the aux socket wont charge your ipod.

G

·
Sorry roccy, i have mislead you a bit with my first reply.

You should have a usb cable AND an Ipod cable. I presume like most people you have only revceived the USB cable.

Ask your dealer for the Ipod cable which also comes with the car and all will be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK cool thanks for the replies

So I should get a new lead to go from the MEDIA IN lead to my ipod, then should hopefully work

I may just put hte music on my hard drive and throw the ipod away!

Thanks for all your help,

G

·
You need a media in to Ipod cable, It's free and should have been given to you when you bought the car (assuming you bought it new)

If not, you can get one from your dealer for £20.

Once you have that your Ipod should work fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
the media to ipod cable is not standard in Germany - they only use USB.
Your dealer should order it when the car arrives on site and forward on to you.

If you have any issues, PM me and I should be able to get you one - I work for a Dealer!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
ace of spades said:
the media to ipod cable is not standard in Germany - they only use USB.
Your dealer should order it when the car arrives on site and forward on to you.

If you have any issues, PM me and I should be able to get you one - I work for a Dealer!
AOS, I never got one with my ex demo rocco and the dealer claimed no knowledge of it (despite my insistance) if there is any chance you can lay your hands on one that'd be mighty fine. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
ive had this problem too!my dealer tryign to get me to pay 20 quid for one! but why should i pay 20 quid for one when it should come as standard on the car?just another money making scam for dealers me thinks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts