Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey peeps...jus wondering if people could giv me bit of advice and help..
shall i go 4 ipod or usb, will they both b jus plug in and play or do i have to have certain cables for IPOD..bearing in mind i dn't own any of them. its jus i dont know wether or not to go buy a ipod from the states wen i go cos it'll b cheap..or is it easier to jus get a usb b 16gb memory.

thanks

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
i would go ipod, yes to the plug and play and yes you should get both cables but make sure do i had to ask my dealer for my ipod cable and im not the only one, if you search ipod cable its been well covered on here already

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just to sit on the fence here...The IPod does NOT get charged through the MDI system, crashes and has to be unplugged and plugged back in almost everytime you get in the car. This really annoys me (Im not alone in this either :evil: ) It is also an expensive item to leave in your car IF it got broke into. The USB on the other hand is a real cheap alternative, just get a memory stick and plug it in, you get all your songs put into the album folder order and is just as easy to select on the move. I use both but mostly my flash drive. You pays your money..

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Blackroc said:
Just to sit on the fence here...The IPod does NOT get charged through the MDI system, crashes and has to be unplugged and plugged back in almost everytime you get in the car. This really annoys me (Im not alone in this either :evil: ) It is also an expensive item to leave in your car IF it got broke into. The USB on the other hand is a real cheap alternative, just get a memory stick and plug it in, you get all your songs put into the album folder order and is just as easy to select on the move. I use both but mostly my flash drive. You pays your money..
mine charges and i have had no problems, i would take your car to the dealers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.