Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy, my first question is, in the artists menu on an ipod, why does it not show artists names that are part of a compilation cd? and my other question is on the touchscreen display in the scirocco, when you connect your ipod it doesn't have the compilations category to select, it has artists, songs, albums but no compilations! it's really annoying because i was trying to find an artist but didn't know the name of the album it was on

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know what you mean it aint perfect.! It's also very annoying when using Ipod - selection,artist,album ooh that one -play, if you then stop and want to return to that artist - no, start all over again :thumbdown:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good to hear the information is transmitted to the headunit though - on my current car you have to use the ipod itself to select tracks etc. Not easy to accurately use the wheel on an ipod whilst driving... :roll:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that sounds quite dangerous trying to use the ipod while driving lol i find it quite dangerous starring at the touchscreen display too, equally as dangerous as texting while driving, which i try not to do anymore!

·
Registered
78 Posts
My information isn't transmitted at the moment looks like i've got a duff MDI connect. Just went this morning. :( Now it doesn't recognise the ipod.

Still i got this info off my other forum:

Aj82 said:
There is a known problem with the i-pod connectors in the cars. I have changed god knows how many on the golfs and suspect this could be the same fault mate.
I think your dealership should have them in stock and will be aware of the fault as i know we are. Im a mechanic for volkswagon btw! Cheers Aj
M200sex said:
Aj82 is bob on there:thumbs: (im a vw mastertech)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Has anyone else experienced when playing a track off your ipod using the MDI ipod cable, when it comes to the end of one song and then goes automatically to the next (wheather on MIX or not), although the next song starts to play it does not update the title and artist etc of the song being played (both on the radio display and instrument pannel)? (I hope that makes sense!). I found that if you manually scroll to the next song the information display is always updated but often does not when one song ends and the next one starts to play.

Would be intertested to see if anyone else has experienced this. Mine is a 09 model year chassis (09/09 plate) connected with the 5th gen ipod nano.

Si.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sounds like you might have the problem highlighted above by baysideblue.

My RCD510/Dynaudio set-up works pretty well (touch wood) with no real problems.
One thing it doesn't like though is when I push a few buttons on the touch screen to quickly.
For instance if I press Selection-Albums-Track in quick succession I get a couple of odd readings. Even switched out of media mode onto radio yesterday when I pressed too quick.
If I'm a bit more patient and give the head unit a few secs to catch up between presses it seems ok.
My previous Alpine head unit with full ipod connectivity never had that problem. You could whizz through selection changes.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sometimes when i'm listening to a song and then try to select another song from a different album it keeps going back to the song i'm already listening to, the only way to fix it is turn the engine off of attempt to disconnected the ipod, try doing that with one hand while driving, not good

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have the exact same issues si-rocco has described, after updating my iPod firmware the problems still existed, I think the only fix for it is a firmware update on the unit - this can by done via CD - how and where you get this CD I haven't a clue.

PS FYI if you happen to adjust the volume while the track is about to change I've found it manages to update the title then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a GT Scirocco on order and interested to know if I will be getting the MDI input as well as the 6 CD changer under the armrest??

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
GT 2.0 TDi 170ps • Candy White • Black Leather • Park Sensors • Tyre Ind • Folding Mirrors • Prem Mats •

G

·
darryl100578 said:
I have a GT Scirocco on order and interested to know if I will be getting the MDI input as well as the 6 CD changer under the armrest??

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
GT 2.0 TDi 170ps • Candy White • Black Leather • Park Sensors • Tyre Ind • Folding Mirrors • Prem Mats •
Heve you ordered nav? If not then i think your miltichanger is in the head unit. You just keep feeding them in. If this is the case you will have the MDI in the arm rest also.

If you have speced the multichanger in the arm rest then you lose the MDI i'm afraid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, no Sat Nav ordered so guess I will be getting the MDI under the armrest. How would I know if I have speced the CD changer in the armrest? Also has it been confirmed if the MDI to IPOD cable is included or something that needs to be purchased seperatley?

G

·
darryl100578 said:
Hi, no Sat Nav ordered so guess I will be getting the MDI under the armrest. Has it been confirmed if the MDI to IPOD cable is included or something that needs to be purchased seperatley?
It has been confirmed, many times! You should get a USB and an Ipod cable.

It is 100% free, dont let em tel you otherwise!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
simple sulotion sell ur rcd 510 because poineer are about to supply vw with head units! b4 i got the roc i had a
poineer x3 sat-nav moterised screen in the bm fantastic! they supply top of the range units

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.