Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my car and can’t get my IPOD to work. I have a cable from the car and am plugging in my IPOD via the IPOD USB cable. Do I need to get another cable that plugs straight into my IPOD from the car jack? The stereo keeps saying device not recognised.
Hope someone can help.
I still love the car!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello folks, I had exactly the same problem, you need to ask your dealer for the iPod cable. They should give you it when you get the car but they never do. They'll probably try and charge you for it but don't let them?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah - they dont give it by default for some reason. Based on previous discussions on this forum i called ahead of time and asked for it and they subsequently delivered it with the car. Sweet. Works like a fricking charm...

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all.

I just mailed the dealer today (Listers in Stratford) who are delivering my car on Wednesday. I said that I had picked up from the forums that many of the ipod cables appear to me missing on delivery. I asked them to ensure that mine was in the car! They mailed me back within an hour saying that they had ordered me one and should get it in time. I assume from that, that it would have been delivered without it! So I would suggest that everyone contact the dealer a few days before and tell them you dont want to be running after them after delivery for something that should have been included as standard!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
zoot said:
Hi all.

I just mailed the dealer today (Listers in Stratford) who are delivering my car on Wednesday. I said that I had picked up from the forums that many of the ipod cables appear to me missing on delivery. I asked them to ensure that mine was in the car! They mailed me back within an hour saying that they had ordered me one and should get it in time. I assume from that, that it would have been delivered without it! So I would suggest that everyone contact the dealer a few days before and tell them you dont want to be running after them after delivery for something that should have been included as standard!
Apparently when they order a car the ipod cable goes into parts stock as opposed to being in the actual car (or so I heard) and this has been causing confusion as they don't realise the two are linked and the cable just gets gobbled up by the parts system.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had the probolem of the sales manager trying to charge me for the cable!!!the cheek of it!put him straight though and got it free!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.