Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are quite a few members from this side of the Irish Sea, in the north we have ciarank, chalkie, imitebeurda, Ian1982, BAIKAR, thats all that I know of! Also we have quite a few in the south.

If you would be interested in attending any of the many shows in Northern Ireland under the "scirocconet" banner please post here. If we get 3 or 4 I can organise something. The main show season tends to run from May - September and mainly on a saturday and sunday.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds good, although it might be difficult for a few months. My car is hopefully going to be here within the next 2 to 3 weeks but I am due to go under the knife for a knee injury later this month so I might be out of action for a while.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chalkie said:
Sounds good, although it might be difficult for a few months. My car is hopefully going to be here within the next 2 to 3 weeks but I am due to go under the knife for a knee injury later this month so I might be out of action for a while.
jeez, well good luck with that chalkie mate!! Would be cool to get our own "branch" of scirocconet going, if you want a lift to any shows Im more than happy to give u a lift in the meantime! ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
484 Posts
i would b up for it

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turbo said:
i would b up for it
No probs turbo, well I will post up any shows I come across on the island (already posted up autofestni in Ballymena on the 17th May) I will try to attend as many as my wife (and the impending new arrivals!) allow, if anyone wants to join me just let me know!!

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BAIKAR said:
I should be ok for the 17th may, it's probably a bit late for a group entry to display at the show though?
BAIKAR, matey, the autofestni show I am joining the gtini.com stand, so if you want to come along you can:-

a) register on gtini.com and stick your name down.
b) say to me, and I will do it for you.
c) leave the car at home, get a lift with me and give me a hand cleaning it! :D :lol: :D :lol: (I will buy you a burger!!)

I reckon...........hmmmm..............c!!

As for Harmony Hill 2009 on the 30th May this will definetely be a scirocconet only stand, at the minute it is.....ME!! So if you want to stick your name down for this let me know, be warned though I have to pay the £10, so if you say yes, you are going!! lol!!

There will be the usual array of shows after that, and I will post them up as I get the info, but be aware, the biggy is the Club-GTI show in Castlewellan on the 4th July, all available rocs keep that date free!! ;) ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
had a look at the website but dont see anywhere to register.

are there any other sciroccos going or will yours be the only one there?

as for the 3oth i'm on standby for work that day so don't think i'd be able to make it. Wheres harmony hill?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BAIKAR said:
had a look at the website but dont see anywhere to register.

are there any other sciroccos going or will yours be the only one there?

as for the 3oth i'm on standby for work that day so don't think i'd be able to make it. Wheres harmony hill?
no probs, if you definetely want to go next sunday let me know and I will stick your name down on the gti-club list and PM you where we can meet up. As for the 30th Harmony Hill is in Lisburn, again if you can make it PM me and I could meet you at sprucefield.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey guys, new to this forum and this is my first post, have been using Scirocco Central for my info so far. From Norn Iron mysel though have yet to purchase a Rocco. Currently driving a MkV Gti wanting to change but can't get much of a deal from any of the dealers (can hardly get them to return my phone calls :roll: ) Where did you guys purchase, anywhere you's can recommend? Wanting to buy a White GT petrol and add some goodies, Xenon's, 19" wheels, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator and mats..

·
Registered
222 Posts
MRKJM said:
Hey guys, new to this forum and this is my first post, have been using Scirocco Central for my info so far. From Norn Iron mysel though have yet to purchase a Rocco. Currently driving a MkV Gti wanting to change but can't get much of a deal from any of the dealers (can hardly get them to return my phone calls :roll: ) Where did you guys purchase, anywhere you's can recommend? Wanting to buy a White GT petrol and add some goodies, Xenon's, 19" wheels, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator and mats..
Hi

I bought mine in Donnelly Bros Enniskillen, I can fully recommend them as I used to work there. I bought a white 2.0 gt dsg. If you want anymore details PM me and i'll give you a contact of the sales manager

·
Registered
115 Posts
imitebeurda said:
I got mine in Phillips Lisburn, okay to deal with, no earth shattering bargains though!! :D
Guy from Phillips phoned me back today and was £1600 dearer than the cheapest quote I got from any of the local dealers :shock: I told him to go and re-check his calculator needless to say he has yet to return my call. I checked a few online sellers, Broadspeed, Autobytel & Autoebid and Autoebid was the cheapest, £500 cheaper again than my cheapest quote. Might head in that direction as the £'s are better off in my pocket & hopefully it wont be much hassle. Tried literally every dealer in the north, Ballymena, Coleraine, Lisburn, Mallusk, Belfast, Enniskillen, Campsie, Portadown, Cookstown (I think that's them all) I don't know what planet some of them are on, some of them offer no discount and some don't even bother returning my calls, I thought there was a thing called "A RECESSION" on, obviously not in their books :roll:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MRKJM said:
imitebeurda said:
I got mine in Phillips Lisburn, okay to deal with, no earth shattering bargains though!! :D
Guy from Phillips phoned me back today and was £1600 dearer than the cheapest quote I got from any of the local dealers :shock: I told him to go and re-check his calculator needless to say he has yet to return my call. I checked a few online sellers, Broadspeed, Autobytel & Autoebid and Autoebid was the cheapest, £500 cheaper again than my cheapest quote. Might head in that direction as the £'s are better off in my pocket & hopefully it wont be much hassle. Tried literally every dealer in the north, Ballymena, Coleraine, Lisburn, Mallusk, Belfast, Enniskillen, Campsie, Portadown, Cookstown (I think that's them all) I don't know what planet some of them are on, some of them offer no discount and some don't even bother returning my calls, I thought there was a thing called "A RECESSION" on, obviously not in their books :roll:
As Tony posted it depends heavily on what a dealer has to sell in the month and where they are against target. If they are on plan they have no incentive to deal. When I was in Phillips the salesman quite honestly told me they had no problem hitting their target as there was so many people from the south purchasing in the north due to the £ v euro. At the end of the day I think it will be very difficult to get a bargain in NI due to this. While I was in Phillips on wednesday ordering my alu pedals there were 7 southern people waiting on salesmen. IMHO if you want the best possible deal you may have to look across the water................ :?

·
Registered
115 Posts
imitebeurda said:
MRKJM said:
imitebeurda said:
As Tony posted it depends heavily on what a dealer has to sell in the month and where they are against target. If they are on plan they have no incentive to deal. When I was in Phillips the salesman quite honestly told me they had no problem hitting their target as there was so many people from the south purchasing in the north due to the £ v euro. At the end of the day I think it will be very difficult to get a bargain in NI due to this. While I was in Phillips on wednesday ordering my alu pedals there were 7 southern people waiting on salesmen. IMHO if you want the best possible deal you may have to look across the water................ :?
Jes' that's a lot of stuff heading to the south by the sounds of it, anyone had any dealings wit any of the companies I mentioned or heard any reports back on them? Thanks for the answers guys, very helpful forum ;)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BAIKAR said:
I should be ok for the 17th may, it's probably a bit late for a group entry to display at the show though?
Matey do you still want to enter for this? If you do let me know, they are meeting at fortwilliam roundabout at 10am. I would need your full name and reg. PM me if you are still interested. ;)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BAIKAR said:
nah sorry can't make it i'm working, have a good one though it doesn't look like the best weather for a car show!
I know.... :( :( ah well I have a show gazebo, so I will give it a quick wash tomorrow evening and then when I get up there set up the gazebo over it and give it a quick rub down. Although I have been "volunteered" as goalie for the battle-of-the-car-clubs 5-a-side football competition! Havent played in 10 years and dont really fancy it in a monsoon!! :?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello - New NI Scirocco owner here. its out of Wales 2.0l black TDI - had it a month or so now, but just started to develop a little MISS in the power when you put the pedal down. It doesn't happen all the time but recently has happened a couple of times, thelast was at 110 mph on M2 had to pull over and it died completely and then i restarted it again and it was ok. - any idea's what this may be - its going in again to this week for a diagnosis, but i don't want to be fed any crap about it. - the fan also stays on for long periods after a short journey.
Any Thoughts??????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.