Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i ordered my scirocco this week i was told that the price was due to rise again.

Is this true or was he just trying to get me to sign on the day?

He also said it could be as high as 3 to 4% has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would not be surprised; the recent VW increase did not cover the drop in the pound versus the euro. Also I believe the Scirocco was launched at a very attractive UK retail price (versus for example the new Golf) and I am sure VW intend to harden Scirocco prices as soon as they can. Also remember VAT goes back up at the end of the year.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Good point on the golf v scirocco, cant see any reason why someone would buy a golf at the minute, unless they are looking for a 4 door. The scirocco looks better, handles better and is equipped better. Reckon prices will have to go up, which wont hurt the resale values hopefully!! :) ;)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I haven't heard anything yet with regards to price or model year changes, tried searching desktop the other day for MY change and couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I asked my dealer whether any further price rises would affect me now I've placed my order and he assured me that my price was fixed.
So if there are other price rises in the offing then get in there quick and place your order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts