Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Its now time to order my company car.

Its deff going to be a scirocco but I need some of your advice please.

Im entitled to approx £450 per month via our company car scheme which includes tax, ins, servicing, maintenance.

Iam opting for the 1.4dsg with interlagos, but I dont know what else I should go for. I want to keep my contribution and tax to a minimum. These are what ive come up with so far.

1.4dsg
Interlagos
Front Fogs
Sumatra
Multi steering wheel with paddles

Contribution: £80.57
£Tax @ 40%: £89.41

1.4dsg
Interlagos
Rear Parking Sensors
Front Fogs
Multi steering wheel with paddles
White

£78.75
£89.77

1.4dsg
Interlagos
Rear Parking Sensors
Sumatra
£77.49
£90.02

I know the only real difference is the colour. But I love Sumatra and Ive not been to keen on white due to the hassle keeping it clean and its a quite common on the scirocco, but if I opt white scratches dont show as much compared to a dark car and I also get an extra option for the same price.

Do any of you guys use the Multi Steering wheel controls or paddles and do you think fogs are a waste of money?

Your opinions would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

p.s I am also in contact with businessmanager who is arranging some quotes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got quotes for the 2.0 GT manual and the 1.4 petrol with Interlagos, multi function wheel & fogs (all standard on the GT). Total extras on the 1.4 was about £1000. The total price for the 1.4 was still well below the GT but the monthly payment was still £10 per month LESS for the GT because it has a higher residual value, so I went for the GT. The economics of this depend on how many miles you because of the lower MPG for the 2.0.

If you ever want to use a hands free phone - get the blue tooth preparation - I wish I had it - and the only option to retro fit non VW after market kits which are still expensive and a big hassle to sort out.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Buy the colour you like, not the easiest to keep clean or hide scratches, so get sumatra, you deserve it.

If you can afford it i would opt for the rear sensors, wish i had :(

also tyre pressure monitor ( if an option )

Dynaudio ( if an option )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts