Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I managed to drive a Diesel today, NON GT spec, but all there really.

Happy to report that it is a mile away from the 1.9 TDi that i have in the GOLF MATCH I have now on hire.

Very smooth
Pick up is quick (in sport mode)
Sounds quite sporty and "throaty"
Revs quite high
Does not sound like a diesel inside, but of course does outside

I think that decides it for me really. Just gota get the fleet company to agree to a £7.74 reduction in there monthly costs (or I am over budget) and I am having it. White, parking sensors, and cruise..LOVELY !

·
Registered
37 Posts
You should be able to do something with £7.74. Cant see them losing the business over this amount a month.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VAG1 said:
You should be able to do something with £7.74. Cant see them losing the business over this amount a month.
Our MD rejected a car request over 53p !! I am kind aover a barrel with them, I have to use them and they can say no. I am going to play my face and see what can be done. I will be paying over £50 in service costs a month, so I will ask them to justify that if they say no..fingers crossed

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gt1 said:
If you take one of the options off your in budget. So is the the reverse sensors or the cruise?
One saves the car from being marked..the other my license !!

I am loath to lose either, but the cruise will go if I need to..lets see what comes back from the (f)lease company.

I am like a kid now that knows that Xmas is round the corner, but not quite here. I sooo better be able to get this car

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice to hear your review, I will sadly be going down the diesel route myself but work needs dictate :(

Guessing its too early days for any of the companies offering chips for them to get nearer the 170bhp they should have caome with??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Raffe said:
Nice to hear your review, I will sadly be going down the diesel route myself but work needs dictate :(

Guessing its too early days for any of the companies offering chips for them to get nearer the 170bhp they should have caome with??
Read my mind...I am sure that 170 is possible, it is not a new engine, so I reckon easy enough.

I did like it I have to say, it did rev quote nicely. A diesel ROC, for work, who would have thought !

It is no 200 turbo, but hey, it is still a ROC

·
Registered
283 Posts
BigDawgBaker said:
It is no 200 turbo
having had an a3 tdi 140 try it on this week, certainly no where near as quick in acceleration and outright speed, needless to say my mpg was not as good and if it was acompany car i would be paying shed loads to Darling, finding the front struggles for traction in the tsi comapred to our gti and think this may be due to the engine map (torque is delivered lower down) will be interesting how you find the diesels, i think they missed a trick not doing a 1.4 GT

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I so wanted a 1.4, but no GT spec so I didnt even consider it really. Petrol is so much nicer to drive, and with the extra BHP faster too. For me it comes down to running costs with the (f)lease company. They use the 55mpg as there model and therefore lower running costs. I am quite happy with it to be honest, no diesel no ROC for me. I would just like to see how I can get extra BHP after without them knowing, 170 sounds rather tasty.

I should know Monday if I have it as a goer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
BigDawgBaker said:
no diesel no ROC for me. I would just like to see how I can get extra BHP after without them knowing, 170 sounds rather tasty.

I should know Monday if I have it as a goer.
Same for me, good luck Monday ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still no further forward with mine, they lease company are utter arses, wont give me a discount of £300 quid to get it in budget! It seems "over a barrel" is the saying of the day

Grrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
283 Posts
suppose you can lose the parking sensors (not ideal) and cruise (which you could get fitted by a dealer as it is a dealer fit accessory as well as factory)

alternatively can you go standard and add some of the GT toys to it

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What a bunch o shi*ts. Well I gotta lose both options if I want it, so lose them I shall. No parking sensors is going to be a right pain in the arse tho..but hey ho..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, so here are my choices...

1. Folding mirrors + Flat tyre indicator + front n rear mats
2. Cruise + flat tyre indicator

Both options are within budget my pennies, pheweee

But what do I have?

Anyone know if I can get the rear parking done after? Car will be white so would need to be painted white

·
Registered
484 Posts
parking sensors are fittin in the garage i work in not that hard of a job just have 2 measure twice and cut once they are fitted flush 2 the bumpers

·
Registered
484 Posts
oh not sure tbh but i think its around 400 euro in my garage but thats euros there is a good bit of labour envolved in them especially the ones we fit but they are good

·
Registered
283 Posts
bdb know your part of the world very well as from burntwood originally, willenhall normally have a good reputation however i call it willenhell, if it was me i'd use the stafford boys (if still going) or ventura in tamworth

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just remember if you have aftermarket park sensors fitted, they may not work in conjunction with the screen on the radio, like the factory fit ones do.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts