Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

After what seems like an eternity, my factory ordered Rocco's about to be delivered to Sinclair Garages in South Wales. I chose the GT 2.0 TDi 140PS finished in candy white with the factory option of the sunroof and will be fitting Rocco mats and Alloy pedals. Ordered in early march and have been tracking the car right through production stages. Chose the TDi due to running costs (I'm sure I can hear a tut tut!!) and insurance as a fairly young (26) driver. I do find the new TDi CR fantastic and so torque-y, though borrowed the 1.4TSi overnight yesterday and was quite pleasantly suprised though I'm sticking to my guns with my oil burner!!

I'll be uploading pics and will tell all about my new little toy. Such a gorgeous car & a real head turner.

I hope to driving it to Le Mans in 2 weeks for the 24hr battle (6th year running - superb). Will be camping in Karting Nord and would love to hear from anyone else making the journey down. We travel down to Poole > Cherbourg I think on the 11th.

Si. (-rocco!)

-------------------------------------
NEW PICS NOW UPLOADED! - Registrered on the 29th & now travelled around 450 miles! (oops). The car is stunning- ride, handling and performance absolutely perfect and just hugs the road. Not really taken it off sport mode yet just comfort once or twice on the motorway! Hope you like the pics... :) Ps those Chanel sunglasses on the dash aren't mine I promise! The last pic is a friends GT Sport TDi with Charlestons- Head to head!

-

·
Registered
412 Posts
how much is your insurance? i'm 25 and insured my 2 litre tsi for £733 from privlige

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
donnie darko said:
how much is your insurance? i'm 25 and insured my 2 litre tsi for £733 from privlige
I managed to get Elephant.co.uk to quote £593, as low as I can find fully comp with a £350 excess. Recently opted out of a company car scheme and fortunately they recognise the no claims from a company car. How you enjoying your rocco? Sounds a great spec!

·
Registered
412 Posts
si-rocco said:
donnie darko said:
I managed to get Elephant.co.uk to quote £593, as low as I can find fully comp with a £350 excess. Recently opted out of a company car scheme and fortunately they recognise the no claims from a company car. How you enjoying your rocco? Sounds a great spec!
i'll let you know tomorrow when i pick it haha

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey si-rocco, how are you tracking the car throught the production stages? I have odered the same spec as you (+ VW body kit) mid April and have been told it will be in the dealers end june.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
garyb said:
Hey si-rocco, how are you tracking the car throught the production stages? I have odered the same spec as you (+ VW body kit) mid April and have been told it will be in the dealers end june.
Hi Garryb,

Had factory ordered the car begining of March, and changed an unconfirmed order (order a garage had in the books with no-one's name on it) so I could leapfrog a few weeks lead time. If you speak to your dealer they'll have a Commision number by which the can track the car from factory ordered to confirmed (with a build week), once that build week passes (mine was week 20), it will go through the german port of Emden then be delivered straight to your dealer in approx 10 working days.

If you're build week is week 22 or above, its likely to be the 2010 model year chassis which means it'll have the new style steering wheel and instrument cluster.. you may also find it will take slighty longer to build as many of the 2010 model year cars seem to take slightly longer.

You'll have yourself a stunning car there- Candy white looks superb! Sunroof adds that little touch and is such a head turner with the interlagos alloys in the GT spec... I don't try to pose honest!! ha. I haven't seen the VW body kit in the flesh,. Would be great to see some pics once its delivered. I'm sure you're counting down the days till you get your hands on it.

I hope your not from south wales way, I hate to turn up at a lights one day and see your white rocco parked next to mine!!!!

All the best - Si.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Collected day before yesterday- got the biggest grin as a new permenant fixture on my face! Took it down watching the sunset last night and got some great pics, will post on here shortly. Roll on le mans 2009!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi si-rocco,just got my roc yesterday.I have not stopped grinning since the transporter entered my street. your car looks amazin,great picture too.I have the gt tdi also and think it is an awsome car & great value for the money.keep on roc-in & all the best with your car.

·
Registered
572 Posts
great shots especially the sun going down ones.

Ouch don't like your insurance costs - but now you're over 25 you loose your age loading - one plus side of getting older :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.