Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This is going to sound really dumb, but when I was spec'ing my car I was under the impression that if you had the auto-changer option you could not have MDI for iPod etc. So, i've been driving the car for nearly a week now and just realized that I could keep stuffing CD's into the head unit as it has some kind of voodoo multi-changer behind the dash!

Am I just tripping here, is this a Dynaudio only addition or something standard on all Rocco' GTs? Either way, i use my iPod most of the time so this was a very welcome surprise!

Cheers, Tim

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
There is a CD changer that fits under the armrest in place of the MDI - You get this if you request a cd changer and have the sat nav unit. If you don't have the sat-nav unit you can have both, an integrated CD changer in the head unit and the MDI under the armrest.

The reason it's not possible with the Sat Nav is that it has a hard disk drive in the head unit so no room for multiple CD's.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evil Derboy said:
There is a CD changer that fits under the armrest in place of the MDI - You get this if you request a cd changer and have the sat nav unit. If you don't have the sat-nav unit you can have both, an integrated CD changer in the head unit and the MDI under the armrest.

The reason it's not possible with the Sat Nav is that it has a hard disk drive in the head unit so no room for multiple CD's.
Awesome - either way, I didnt ask for a CD changer so im pretty made up with it! lol :-D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rfy said:
Yeah the RCD510 takes 6 discs as standard as far as im aware as well as an SD card in the front.
That's exactly right - not used the SD card myself, but the iPod and CD changer works like a dream.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.