Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, iv'e just got back from ordering my new scirocco :)
Iv'e gone for a Candy White 2.0 GT; n a feew extras: sat nav, phone system, vienna leather, sun roof, parking sensors and folding mirrors.
woop woop
It's not gonna be here for a while though, approx 12 weeks they said :(

what d'ya reckon?
btw im 19 so my insurance is enevitably gonna be horrendous, is there any other people around my age who have one, who are you insured with??

Cheers
Ace

·
Registered
275 Posts
hi mate and welcome, best to shop around for insurance try and get a good quote.

nice choice you have gone for, did u get a good deal any discount or extra thrown in???

what car have u got now?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
youvebinaced said:
Hi guys, iv'e just got back from ordering my new scirocco :)
Iv'e gone for a Candy White 2.0 GT; n a feew extras: sat nav, phone system, vienna leather, sun roof, parking sensors and folding mirrors.
woop woop
It's not gonna be here for a while though, approx 12 weeks they said :(

what d'ya reckon?
btw im 19 so my insurance is enevitably gonna be horrendous, is there any other people around my age who have one, who are you insured with??

Cheers
Ace
I think you win the youngest rocco owner yet!! When I was 19, I think I was still playing with my lego, or maybe I was lying somewhere blocked............I can never remember!! ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys cheers for the comments, i know its expensive for my insurance, so far iv got £2700 as my lowest quote, i can handle that but i rather a slightly less kick in the nuts if its possible :)

im driving a 2007 1.2 corsa :) gonna be a big upgrade

i drove a green one today was lovely

they gave me 1200 quid off after alot of haggling, full tank of petrol and set of mats
dont think i did too badly:D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I paid £2k TPTF insurance on my first Subaru when I was 20. Also had to lie and say it only cost £5k as opposed to £9k so that they would insure it TPTF. Nobody would quote me fully comp. In hindsight this was a good thing as meant I was always a little more careful driving it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
youvebinaced said:
Hi guys cheers for the comments, i know its expensive for my insurance, so far iv got £2700 as my lowest quote, i can handle that but i rather a slightly less kick in the nuts if its possible :)

im driving a 2007 1.2 corsa :) gonna be a big upgrade

i drove a green one today was lovely

they gave me 1200 quid off after alot of haggling, full tank of petrol and set of mats
dont think i did too badly:D
:eek: :shock: you come up on the lottery :lol:

I moan about my insurance which is just over £200 and won't change once I get my lovely viper :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've just changed my order a little coz when i originally got my quote it was for a manual iv since realised that coz i chose an auto my insurance was gonna be £4000 ouch!!!
so i changed my order to the 2.0 GT manual
and coz it was a little cheaper i added a few more extras, now heres my list as it stands :) :
Black Vienna Leather
DVD Sat Nav
Bluetooth Phone system
Panoramic Glass Sun roof
Parking Sensors
Electrically Folding Door Mirrors
Hill Hold Function
19" Lugano Wheels
Cruise Control

can't wait only 12 weeks left :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
scottyroc said:
cant believe that increase...just for being an automatic...did you question it? :wtf:
yep they just said thats how much it is???
i spoke to a m8 though n he said that to change a manual gearbox if it goes is approx 1200 but if auto gearbox goes then your looking considerably more that the only thing i can think of, but im not that bothered tbh i wanted the manual from the start it was only coz my mum will want use the car if she needs a four seater that i was gonna do it but not for that increase!! and maybe the fact she let me off 3000 that i owe her :D

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
youvebinaced said:
I've just changed my order a little coz when i originally got my quote it was for a manual iv since realised that coz i chose an auto my insurance was gonna be £4000 ouch!!!
so i changed my order to the 2.0 GT manual
and coz it was a little cheaper i added a few more extras, now heres my list as it stands :) :
Black Vienna Leather
DVD Sat Nav
Bluetooth Phone system
Panoramic Glass Sun roof
Parking Sensors
Electrically Folding Door Mirrors
Hill Hold Function
19" Lugano Wheels
Cruise Control

can't wait only 12 weeks left :(
Thats a nice list of extras, very interesting the difference in manual V DSG insurance costs. When put in context those extras are a much better option well done :thumbup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome to the site, Just wondering what you do for a living to be able to afford the car and insurance at 19?and are there any jobs going?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ordered mine three days ago. Rising Blue GT TDI 170 PS, leather, 12 way seats and thats it! Fortunately company car so do not have to pay for it!! Some comments about 16 weeks max waiting time, questioned allocation for June order and was told all ok. Wont give me a build week for two weeks, is this right or are they spinning me a line??

Can't wait.... tested the 140ps for a couple of days which was fun, the 170 should put a smile on my face!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Mr Myogi San said:
Ordered mine three days ago. Rising Blue GT TDI 170 PS, leather, 12 way seats and thats it! Fortunately company car so do not have to pay for it!! Some comments about 16 weeks max waiting time, questioned allocation for June order and was told all ok. Wont give me a build week for two weeks, is this right or are they spinning me a line??

Can't wait.... tested the 140ps for a couple of days which was fun, the 170 should put a smile on my face!! :mrgreen:
Mr Myogi... and welcome the board. Congratulations on the new order... I think you'll be one of the first with the 170 diesel so there will be lots of interest in your thoughts once in your hands.
Being new to the board may I sugest you also stick a quick 'hello there' in the newbies section.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Le-savage

thanks for that, will certainly update and give a full run down once I take delivery. Question was always do I have more toys or the engine???...!! torque wins every time! :thumbup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
shaw_iroc said:
Welcome to the site, Just wondering what you do for a living to be able to afford the car and insurance at 19?and are there any jobs going?
well i left school at 16 with the intention to make money so im managing a body piercing and tattooing studio, that we wholesale body jewellery out to other companies, along side posting and packing orders through our beauty products website, also i live at home so haven't got any living expenses for food and rent :)
basically only got a bill for my iphone the rest is mine, i love cars so much so i thought id commit a substantial amount of my wages to a very cool car, atm iv just been mildly modding my car n its costs a bomb n looks s*** so i might as well just get a better car in the first place :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not ordering mine until October/November time, so I can get it in January or February. I'm 27 but only passed my test 6 months ago so if I ordered my Scirocco now it's gonna cost me £1800 minimum on insurance. But if I wait until I've got a years driving under my belt, the insurance will come down to £950-£1000 with MoreThan. Thats less than what i'm paying on my 1.2 Grande Punto!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.