Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been brought to my attention that many posts on here a simply going off topic. A user may pose a good question and although the first few responses are (usually) constructive it often goes off topic soon after.

I as much as anyone enjoy the banter and community in this forum but if it's a serious question, please try to help.

And remember we have a forum for those silly moments. :p

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Yeah you're right.

BUT It's up to yourself and your mods to make sure that the thread stays on track (mods especially) by shepherding the discussion back to the original point. Have you guys got a mod only section set-up? Good to have a place to discuss the site amongst yourselves and any issues like this one. I was a mod on a TT forum a while back where we had this and it was quite handy.

Also on that forum no one told us what exactly was expected of us as Moderators, other than be good ambassadors for the forum. Have you guys had that discussion? Because I'm sure the mod's you have are more than capable of sorting this out if they know to look for it.

Anyway what about the new Star Trek film eh? Cracking!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
Yeah you're right.

BUT It's up to yourself and your mods to make sure that the thread stays on track (mods especially) by shepherding the discussion back to the original point. Have you guys got a mod only section set-up? Good to have a place to discuss the site amongst yourselves and any issues like this one. I was a mod on a TT forum a while back where we had this and it was quite handy.

Anyway what about the new Star Trek film eh? Cracking!
Good point

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys this has not really been a big problem until recently. Generally I have asked the mods to let things flow so if I can ask you just think before you post. We really don't want to start deleting posts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.