Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Today I made a trip to VAG Technik and I got myself Audi R8 coil packs and the Auto Polar FIS Advanced module http://www.auto-polar.com

The coil packs did not solve my missfire issue, I will now replace spark plugs and hope it solves the issue. No one has stock of the BKR7EIX plugs so maybe I'll go back to stock plugs (guys in the USA from APR & REVO are running stock plugs up to K04 with no issues) Thanks to the Polar FIS I see that the missfire is on cylinder 4..

It really is a epic piece of kit! In the MFD I can now view things like boost, timing, oil temp (I could do this before) oil level, intake temp, radiator temp, exhaust temp, fuel pressure, rpm, actual km/h, air flow (g/ms) and the list goes on and on! Even a g meter for cornering and a timer for 0-100 speeds or higher and a lap timer. Also it enabled my video in motion for the RNS510.

Was a b**ch to fit, tried through the footwell to get to the CAN Gateway but that did not work out at all. Then I removed the wipers, rain tray cover, wiper motor and arms and then got to the access cover. Popped it off and plugged the module in..

Before I re fitted everything I noticed my ECU is not very secure (this could be the damn rattle I hear when pulling away at 1 500rpm that has been unsolved for almost a year) so I secured it and it seems sturdy now. Still to check if rattle has dissapeared or not.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Fixed the misfire. It was my plugs that were shot. NGK BCP7EIX and they were tired after 10 000km. Ridiculous.

So I am back on the OEM Bosch plugs which is also preferred by REVO & APR in the USA up to K04. They have tested it running BCP's and BKR's resulting in misfires and timing pull then swopped back to old OEM plugs and the car was fine again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Oooooh, how'd you get all them lovely readings?

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
With the Auto Polar FIS device... Not too dear either. Was thinking of getting one but I just know my luck :lol: about 90% of those feature wont be available for me :lol:

Where as for you Richie your a massive arse :lol: Having enabled the needle sweep your ECU and PCU can do just about everything :thumbup: Worth the money mate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The Auto Polar Fis is a awesome device! Same price as a Podi Boost Gauge but so much more features.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
On Saturday I dropped her off at Magic Touch for a detail.. :mrgreen:

Executive wash
Full clay
Cut
Polish
Wax

Even wash the carpets, clean the leather, wash the engine bay and apply engine dressing. I'm a extremely happy with the service!

Reactions: a4gee

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

21 - 31 of 31 Posts