Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Got your ear to the ground there imitebeurda!!!

Sailing from Poole in the brand spanking Candy white Rocco to Cherbourg at 7:30am on the speed cat ferry- 11th june, you'll prob spot it a mile away with a big 24 decal on the bonnet! It'll be my 5th year in a row and the LMP1 class is looking rather juicy this year with the new R12's Vs the ever strengthening 908 FAP's. The Aston Lola team have a great car too so plenty of action will be promised, shame about the GT1 class, not very many gorgeous DB9R's but hey we still have 4x noisy Corvettes, believe me they pack some serious Db's!!

If anyone's looking for more info visit the travel destinations website. They're absolutely spot on and even thrown in a free TV rental for the weekend so can watch pit lane / ****pit camera while pissed trackside... All we need is top notch weather & copious amounts of stubby french beer- hey presto, a picture perfect Le Mans 2009!!! - Anyone else considering it send a PM for more info etc.

Robroc- PM me and lets try catch up, sure I saw you on the pistonheads forum on the dover crossing. Will be in Karting Nord with a lot of beer ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Damn right! I'll take extra special care on its maiden voyage accross the sea to Europe (forgetting it was made in Portugal in the first place - lol). Will keep scriocconet posted.... thanks for the message imitebeurda.

Robroc - Come over from Maison Blanche to say hi and raise a glass to GB scirocco's- there might be a beer in it for you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Hey Si!

Sorry I havent checked the site for a week or two due to work and pre-le mans girlfriend duties!

Were you in Maison Blanche too?? I spotted another rising blue and a silver one in the camp site but no candys! Where abouts were you camped?? We were right at the end near the exit. Had an awesome time, my 5th time at Le Mans. All credit to the Pugs, Audi didnt put in the testing with the new car I guess. Good result for the Astons. Sad to see the end of the Vettes, that noise is something else :)
http://thumbsnap.com/v/2QAzzB9S.jpg

Just remembered, we had a Candy roc come past us on the drive home on sunday, between Rouen and Calais, gave them a flash as they past us! Was that you Si?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
RobRoc said:
Hey Si!

Sorry I havent checked the site for a week or two due to work and pre-le mans girlfriend duties!

Were you in Maison Blanche too?? I spotted another rising blue and a silver one in the camp site but no candys! Where abouts were you camped?? We were right at the end near the exit. Had an awesome time, my 5th time at Le Mans. All credit to the Pugs, Audi didnt put in the testing with the new car I guess. Good result for the Astons. Sad to see the end of the Vettes, that noise is something else :)
http://thumbsnap.com/v/2QAzzB9S.jpg
Just remembered, we had a Candy roc come past us on the drive home on sunday, between Rouen and Calais, gave them a flash as they past us! Was that you Si?
Hey RobRoc,

Had a superb week, great to hear you enjoyed too - don't think I saw your Rocco tho Robroc. Looks a great spec! I kept a keen eye out for any Scirocco net T-shirts but none seen & spied very few Rocco's out there. One Rising blue Non GT TDi in rising blue who shared the same Poole to Cherbourg ferry then there was a Rocco drought!! We were kitted up in Karting Nord & took my very shiney Rocco on tour a couple of time including up to Arnage on the friday.

We sat opposite my car watching the world go by in the sun, with a stunning yellow Gallardo parked fairly close to the Roc and the Roc was getting more attention! Perhaps it was the fact it was stickered up with a running blue stripe on the nearside and a big '24' on the bonnet lol! Certainly turned some heads.
The race was a solid performance from the Pugs, Audi had definately lost their 'je ne sais quoi', and looked like their lack of testing the Le mans series made them suffer, Shame as those R15's looked ace. The Vet's and GT1 Astons sounded superb... Rempember the old prototype panoz's? Additcitve!

Was my 5th yr running, and tho seemed a little quiter than usual on the campsites, those who were there certainly were on top form with all the usual Friday maddness! We followed tradition and found ourselfs on the circuit on Monday, got some great pictures (shame about the poor weather) then strolled down the pit lane hoping to see some of the teams packing up & found some of the Pugs complete with the Le Mans trophy.. Jackpot!

What a great way to put a few cheeky miles on the New Rocco... Enjoy!





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
imitebeurda said:
Like the graphics, hope you have kept them on! :thumbup:
Would have loved to but was getting a little too much attention! Saw a picture someone else's Salsa red with the Black off centre strip and thought (with a hand from a mate who owns a car graphics company) I'd have a go myself. Was very impressed with the outcome as the blue stip brings out the colours well. The big 24 was a one piece graphic I pics up online a while back. Got some superb memories of cruising round Arnage in Roc, only 3 weeks old now and loving every minute of it.

If anyone wants more info on Le mans for next year please do get in contact. Thanks for all the messages guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,707 Posts
si-rocco said:
imitebeurda said:
Like the graphics, hope you have kept them on! :thumbup:
Would have loved to but was getting a little too much attention! Saw a picture someone else's Salsa red with the Black off centre strip and thought (with a hand from a mate who owns a car graphics company) I'd have a go myself. Was very impressed with the outcome as the blue stip brings out the colours well. The big 24 was a one piece graphic I pics up online a while back. Got some superb memories of cruising round Arnage in Roc, only 3 weeks old now and loving every minute of it.

If anyone wants more info on Le mans for next year please do get in contact. Thanks for all the messages guys!
That would be me si :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
imitebeurda said:
si-rocco said:
imitebeurda said:
Like the graphics, hope you have kept them on! :thumbup:
Would have loved to but was getting a little too much attention! Saw a picture someone else's Salsa red with the Black off centre strip and thought (with a hand from a mate who owns a car graphics company) I'd have a go myself. Was very impressed with the outcome as the blue stip brings out the colours well. The big 24 was a one piece graphic I pics up online a while back. Got some superb memories of cruising round Arnage in Roc, only 3 weeks old now and loving every minute of it.

If anyone wants more info on Le mans for next year please do get in contact. Thanks for all the messages guys!
That would be me si :thumbup:
LOL! - Spot on.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top