Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , looking around for best deals on lease/hire on new sciroccos. Will probably wait till the diesel is released , but any info in between will be much appreciated.

regards ****

·
Registered
78 Posts
You should start looking from now, depending when you need the car from. Places are starting to advertise some good conract hire deals and the rate change has made a difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just signed my personal lease last week, speak to Mathew at GCH 2000 Leicester excellent service.if any 1 needs introducing let me know,as you get £100 for every referral who signs up, you have to be careful who you deal with because they all quote different prices with unrealistic delivery times GCH have been trading for over 20 years,they are also members of the BVRLA,& they dont charge fees on top.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Signed up for mine on Monday from Nationwide Vehicle Contracts. Got to wait till end of march (hopefully sooner) for a scirocco GT TDi in rising blue with only the leather seats tagged on lol :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
baysideblue said:
Signed up for mine on Monday from Nationwide Vehicle Contracts. Got to wait till end of march (hopefully sooner) for a scirocco GT TDi in rising blue with only the leather seats tagged on lol :)
There website is good and it shows a lot of detail. I have used them before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys

Also on the lease trail.......

I have been looking/comparing for three/four weeks at least..........

Newbury Leasing £330/month Non-maintained
Neva Consulting £304/month Non-maintained
VW Dealer £395/month Non-maintained

On the subject of maintenance .............depends on mileage.............most charge £30-35/month
That is £1330 for life of lease.............car will need one service/maybe two................one or two tyres
I do approx 10k per annum

Roadside recovery as standard along with road tax..................Why would I want maintenanace cover?

Only one company mentioned this ............all the others were grabbing..............

car in question is 2.0 GT TSi
Rising Blue
Parking Sensor
premium sills...........added for free after negotiation

Any views on these companies would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

David

·
Registered
20 Posts
The cost of my lease package (2.0 Gt with metallic) is £334 over 24 months with 15k per year mileage,road tax for the term,road side assist,just over £8000 over the term,looking at the autotrader you can purchase a used vehicle for £17500 a loss of £4k since the car launch,leasing speaks for itself,you are throwing thousands down the drain by outright purchase,and its tax efficient from a business point of view,and now a personal point of view,i lost £15000 in 14months on my last vehicle what a waste of money!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its always going to be argued on different points.

With a lease my take is that you are paying the company for the depriciation.

Pro for customer as you can drive round in a nice new car worth £22000k for just over half that.
Pro for customer as it makes it easier to budget your motoring finances like a fixed rate mortgage.
Pro for leaser as the can sell the car second hand as well as having your lease money and make £3/4k more than the car is worth between the 2.

Con as you don't own anything at the end.

Its a lot more complex than that too!

Its down to the individual at the end. But I'll just say i'll be leasing all my cars from now on.

M

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree, leasing is the only way to go. There is a bit of snobbery still about the whole leasing thing but how many people genuinely pay cash, i.e. their own cash out of their own bank account, for a car these days. The point is with leasing is that the car doesn't necessarily have to be any less 'yours' than someone who has bought the car themselves, you can extend the lease after the term until the Purchase Price has been paid, or purchase the car outright by paying the entire balance.

I think the point is, 99% of people will have to sell their car in order to purchase a new one, be that after three years, four years or whenever they feel like a change... very very few of us can afford to purchase a car and leave it on the driveway for the next twenty years until is worth nothing without the need to sell it. Nowadays many people wish to change their car after three years therefore just like someone who is leasing, they are only paying for useage of the car for three years, and ultimately they won't have laid out the full retail price across the whole term (in this case around £20k) because when they sell the vehicle at the end of three years, they will get back around 10k of that 20k which they, I would assume, would then use to either purchase or put a deposit on a new car. Just like leasing therefore, you would only really be paying for the depreciation on the vehicle over the term.

I guess leasing therefore simply gives the car owner more options and in my view is the only way to go. I have mine on PCP (Personal Contract Purchase) which is like leasing however gives me the option to either hand the car back after three years, pay the balance and own the car outright or extend the term - just at the point when I'd probably get bored and want a new car anyway...

By the way, do not get finance through Volkswagen, they are consistently a £100 per month more than any other leasing company I have seen with a hefty deposit of over £4k as opposed to £1k with most leasing companies... I had my last car through VW Finance and felt screwed to the ground when I was seeing higher spec'ed Golfs for almost £100 per month less. I'm afraid what with useless salesmen who are no help whatsoever (I can pick up a brochure by myself rather than being handed one when I ask about colours and options) and flash glass-box showrooms to pay for, I see little point in the conventional car showroom in this day and age, unless you're buying an Aston or Rolls Royce perhaps, and where you would actually receive the genuine help and good service you need when laying down £100k of your hard-earned.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
This is interesting. I don't really understand how these companies make money. The service contract, ppi and add ons I suppose. I assume its like a contract hire where if you need to get out of it you are either liable for all the rentals or at least 60% of what's outstanding. With VWFS its a simple settlement/value job, with these I'm guessing its a little more sinister & expensive. Cheap but pray you don't need to settle during term.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Started the post on lease hire, ,ended up getting sorted at Smith Knight Fay Hyde.Got 2.0 tsi in salsa red , winter pack ( you need it up here )...!!!!....Reg MV09 ZZR.......paying £354/MONTH . 10000k miles over 2 years ....bit more than i wanted to pay but they took my audi tt off me for cash so it suited me .Can get cheaper on internet but happy with deal.Seen a few more around in past few weeks but thought i had my pants undone with all people pointing at me in first month then sussed it was the car they were looking at...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great motor.enjoy yours chaps.

micky c

1 - 12 of 12 Posts