Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what happens when you display numbers plate sthat are not quite legal?

Fine?
Points?

Completely chavtastic, but I can get my full name (more or less) on plates, with a bit of tinkering, and I am not above a bit of chavdom :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
simple answer, you'll get pulled over, fined 30 quid, and warned not to do it again. If you do get caught again, you risk having the plate taken off you.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Rather than joining up letter or making numbers look like letters like I did on my last car this car I went in the legit format, two reasons why...

1. The car attracts attention, when the coppers see the plate is illegal they won't hesitate to pull me over.
2. The plate will attract attention if the car doesn't as it will look odd.

I went to demon plates and bought the carbon gel version of my registration, costs around £50 for front and rear - worth every penny.

Now because the plate looks different but 100% legal, people can easily recognise that it’s spelling my nickname.

The plates are solidly made I've used them before on my Golf, they really do look amazing, I've had random people coming up and asking where I got them.

Link: http://www.demonplates.com/platebuilder.php

PS that img is just an example, I only went for the Gel with no borders, no slogans, no badges, plus I don't think they made those background graphics anymore as they are illegal, just checked with the site they don't even offer illegal fonts anymore, looks like they went 100% legit too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew it was gonna be illegal to change them, I need to make an "0" into a "B" !! :)

Basically I am making 04 in a BA, its a stretch but lets see

Very cheap plate from the DVLA and it then makes my full name..well sorta !

·
Registered
484 Posts
well if u are puttin 0 to B what i would do is put a screw in the middle HA that kinda sovles it

·
Registered
454 Posts
Rehmondo

Thanks for the link - ordered my private plate from them, about the best deal I could find on line and should get them early Jan.

Roc On :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Replaced the rear reg lights tonight with a set of Philips Blue Vision W5W's... I've left a couple of charaters on the plate for you to see what the Carbon Gel looks like...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why why why do you want to cheapen the look of your car in a vain attempt to make your number plate read something it clearly doesn't :?

Don't do it :lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Raffe said:
Why why why do you want to cheapen the look of your car in a vain attempt to make your number plate read something it clearly doesn't :?

Don't do it :lol:
Hey, if I can get a number plate that vaguely spells my name, it is gonna happen :) Call me a chav

Just a tad worried bout the Police really. I have not seen any ROC's by me at all, so I reckon I will get stopped a bit.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Got my new plates through from Demon Plates. Just need to wait until the reg doc gets processed and I can stick them on the car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Raffe said:
BigDawgBaker said:
Call me a chav
You're a chav :p :lol:

I have R2 FFE on my car but don't tell anyone....
Hehe...and Merry Xmas to you too...:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts