Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Came across this at the weekend, first time i cleaned my car, i moved the wipers into the 'up' position then they would lift up like normal, tried to do it at the weekend and they wouldn't move, is there some magic involved? or do the planets have to be aligned in a certain way...... because I did nothing differently??

Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
484 Posts
what ya mean by up like as in there are infront of the drivers view

·
Registered
72 Posts
I guess you mean lifting them clear of the screen. That is done by switching the ignition on and then immediately off again, then using flick wipe. The wipers do a wipe, but do not return. They can then be pulled away from the screen. Hope this is of use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ignition to on, back to off. Then one short push of the wiper handle down (towards the floor). the Wipers will move up to the top position and stop there.
(all in the glovebox manual)

·
Registered
142 Posts
a4gee said:
Also on this link as well.
Its funny why most of us don`t read 100% of the manual. I think its always great finding out new stuff later on.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3105
It took me nearly 3 years to discover this on my last Passat! Fortunately i was then well armed when we got the Roc. Trouble is when I clean either I never seem to have the keys with me and can't be arsed to go and get them :cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts