·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
78 Posts
Vee Dubber is correct, it is that easy.

When I ordered mine the dealer was insistant there was nothing he could do as they are selling like hot cakes and they cant get enough of the cars but bide your time, and say what you seen on the internet. Talk to a few dealers too. They wont go as low as what some of internet prices are stating but would rather pay a bit more for peace of mind.

Although all those sites shout UK cars from UK dealers, what happens when your car turns up and the interior is the wrong colour or the options are wrong. You've already handed over x amount and although you might be able to reject the car, would you really want to have to wait for a new order to be built?

Maybe thats the dealers scare mongering but with new car sales dropping off, you would be mad to take the just the "free car mats and a tank of fuel" offer!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks to the advice by Veedubba and GTI I managed to negotiate a better deal even though I had already paid the deposit when I placed the order!!!

I was back at the dealer sorting out the insurance details and took a print of the web page deals with me. Once speced to the same as mine, the online deal showed a saving of £607 and I managed to renegotiate the deal with my dealership who gave me an extra £500 on my trade in!!

Happy days.

Pick up my Roc tomorrow!!! :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right so before my trip to the dealer this weekend, I'm off to PC World to buy an ink cartridge for the printer.

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news LCM! £500 will get you a long way in fuel.

Did you pick up the car? Whats the verdict?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

Absolutely [email protected]?ing awesome!!

Put about fifty miles on today and had a blast. I also had five different people stop and speak to me or roll their windows down at the lights to ask what it was and using the flappy paddles really does let the exhaust rip - so definately a head turner (even though I am a bit too old to be a boy racer!!!)

Once I have got back down off the ceiling I will get some photos uploaded. Unfortunately I can't let you hear how good the stereo is though, I opted for the Dynadio upgrade which is truly awesome.

Cheers :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi
I can recommend Drive the deal as I brought a new seat Leon limited addition from them & saved £4k & came from a seat dealer not far from me.
I also brought a Vw Tiguan from UKNEWCARS & saved £2.5K.
Once the deposit was paid you deal with the dealer who is supplying the car.
Both cars where perfect & the service from these websites was A1.
Would be buying a scirocco from them If they had good discounts?
:roll:

TonyIroc said:
There are some good saving to be had here although I have never used and of these sites (and therefore cannot recommend). But they are listed as UK cars from main dealers and savings of £1,500+. Might be worth a look to those still looking.

http://www.uknewcars.com/specials/speci ... php?id=253

http://www.uk-car-discount.co.uk/new-vo ... coupe.html

http://www.autoebid.com/carSearch.asp?f ... =&maxPrice

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have never bought online but often use these sites as bargaining tools.

Got just under £2k off my TDI DSG with parking sensors (18800 from 20740) by this very method.
Got a similar deal with my mk5 GTI, which predated the roc.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i took in a copy of what car magazine and showed them the what car 'Target Price' for the 2 litre tsi and they matched it straight away :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
all right lads!!
got some new scirocco's for grabs down in cambridge vw, two salsa red, merlin cloth trim, Interlagoes both 2.0tsi's for 19,690 pounds, thats cheap, just spreading the word out, some retail scirocco's cheap.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered a 2.0 TSI from my local VW dealer, first they said that NO DISCOUNT was available on the Scirocco, all I had to do was mention drivethedeal.com and they quickly caved. They wouldn't match the drivethedeal.com price but I did get £1500 off (£580 less than drivethedeal offered) which they said is the most they've ever offered on a new Scirocco. I'd rather pay the extra and buy locally.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts