Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Performance

Votes: 9 29.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... we all know we've got one of the best looking cars on the road & it's got performance to match (speaking for the 2.0 TSI boys anyhoos ;)) but what sold you initially... be honest ;)

Hands up for me... I was as shallow as they come... I saw it last September when VAG had a fleet car showday at work & fell head over heels in lust with the looks of it.... & thank the lord it had the grunt & the handling to match :D

How about you ? Are you as shallow as me or to give a classic metaphor would you do a minger so long as she went like the clappers ? :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Was a combination of things for me really.

Slower than an impreza but better looking and better built. Not as fun to drive as a MINI JCW but more practical and made more sense financially.

The Roc ticks all the boxes really. Good looking, fast, handles well, comfortable over long distance, doesn't rattle your teeth out around town, well built, strong residuals, practical enough for me (upgrading from a mini), oh - and i got a big discount as my dad worked for a dealer at the time.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
TBH for me it was performance. Up until recently my job meant a lot of miles, and as a result my last few cars have had the looks but no go. For example my last car was a BMW Z4 roadster with Schnitzer 19's and bodykit. Looked the business but was only a 2.0i engine with 139bhp at the wheels. Previous cars were similar, therefore I was initially looking for performance, but with a nod too looks as well. Also given my good lady wife is expecting IMB-junior - 3 and 4 I had too consider some level of practicality too!! :D

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
for me it was looks from seeing the first photo of the scirocco i wanted one at any cost , it was bought with my heart not head its not the ideal family of 4 car but it looks as cool as at the school gates, as for going for the 2.0tsi the biggest influance was my 12 year old son, guess what he was right its truly awesome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.