Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Just got my baby back today. As I pulled into the dealer I saw it sitting there. What a difference 35mm makes. Don't think I'll bother changing the wheels for the time being. Will wait till it needs new tires.

Here's a quick pic. Will get some better ones up soon.

IMG00006-20090610-1253.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Definately the angry look, relly liking it :cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Really liking it, that will "learn me" to preview first :!:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK. Took a couple of better pics (click on any of them to see them full size)

First here's my new knob - whipped it out of the TT: (oh you'll see that I moved the ACC button at the same time)

Next here's a pic of my car before the H&R springs were fitted:

And here's two pics of the car now:

I simply cannot believe the difference that lowering the car has made.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Any chance of some close up pics of the lowered arches and wheels side on?
It does look good in those pics but from what I can see the 35mm drop doesn't look as low as I'd imagined.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
waggers said:
Has lowering made any difference to the ride and handling ED?
Ride is definitely a wee bit harder but it's still more comfortable than my TT was and it was bog standard. Hard to tell you if it has made much of a difference in terms of before and after as I only drove it about three times before I got it back!

One thing I will say is this. When I went to pick it up and saw it sitting there waiting on me. It looked like a different car! I cannot stress enough what a difference it has made in terms of looks alone. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sciroccorocket said:
Evil Derboy said:
sciroccorocket said:
evil who fitted the springs?
The dealer did it for me whilst they had it sitting there anyway. Charged me £100 which I thought was a bargain.
wow that is a bargain, my dealer said no :thumbdown:
I think it's because I had written a letter to the MD complaining and they probably started to feel sorry for me. Just get a local garage to do it. It's a dead easy job. The ACC is just a connector that plugs into the damper so any garage should be able to do it with ease.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.