Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how we stand if the Rocco is lowered regarding the manufacturers warranty as its crying out for those -35mm springs?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Lowering it is apparently a nightmare if u want to keep ACC. Most dealers will try and get any claims under warranty but if VW finds out then the will probably refuse claims relating to suspension. The person who carried out the mod should pick up the liability for any refused claims. I have heard them argue this though.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i work in a vw garage and i know in our garage if there is modifications done 2 the car and the prob is around or comin from them modified parts they will not cover ya because it is not vw parts that caused the prob

·
Registered
484 Posts
aardvark54 said:
Thanks for the advice Turbo.
no bothers boy warrenty can b very strick in some garages and i know in our garage it is

·
Registered
283 Posts
business manager said:
Lowering it is apparently a nightmare if u want to keep ACC....
can you explain 'a nightmare' in what way? As in the install or the operation of the ACC
absolute rubbish that its a nightmare, yeah there may be warranty issues, if you change the springs you still keep the original dampers and ACC, if you go coilovers you lose the ACC damping, APS did mine and set it up and have no issues, others have done over 10,000 miles on aftermarket springs

·
Registered
283 Posts
H&R 35mm, KWs 20mm, an owner has the Eibach 25mm pro kit and said it gives you 15mm due to the ACC

·
Registered
283 Posts
conflicting figures on the eibachs have looked at mkiv net, but the figures quoted are of the owner from the reiger roc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts