Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New member so sorry if repeat questions:

1. Is there currently (or anytime soon) a way to order lumbar control (manual or electric) without having to fork out over £1500 for leather seats which I don't even like in a car?
2. Are there are reviews of the 170 BHP TDI DSG that you can point me to?

I currently have a MKII Audi 2L TT Roadster but covering more miles due to new job, I would buy the diesel TT coupe with pretty much same engine but for some reason they dont offer the DSG (or S-Tronic as Audi call it). Hence thinking of going for DSG equipped Scirocco as it ticks all the boxes.

Thanks,

Justin

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
S-Tronic isn't offered on the diesel TT as the gearbox can't cope with the higher amount of torque being pushed through it. Therefore it's manual only. Lumbar support isn't offered on cloth seats on the Roc unfortunately so it's leather or nothing I'm afraid. But if your coming from leather or alcantara in the TT I would recommend leather in the Roc. There's no saggy seat-base problems for a start.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
S-Tronic isn't offered on the diesel TT as the gearbox can't cope with the higher amount of torque being pushed through it. Therefore it's manual only. Lumbar support isn't offered on cloth seats on the Roc unfortunately so it's leather or nothing I'm afraid. But if your coming from leather or alcantara in the TT I would recommend leather in the Roc. There's no saggy seat-base problems for a start.
This is what they tell you, but I have personally seen a standard DSG box take more than 500lb/ft of torque with no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for confirming Lumbar.

I dont understand the torque reason as the new TTS has 350nm (same as the TT Diesel) yet the TTS gets S-Tronic.

Replying to Scotts DSG question, if I was buying a petrol I would again go for full control and ejoyment of a manual (as I did with current TT) but I think a DSG would really suit the TDI engine and take the effort out of driving. In other words moving from petrol to diesl for the first time it will hide my diaapointment of the narrow rev band and maximise swift progress with more tourque available.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
mrfitzy2u said:
Thanks for confirming Lumbar.

I dont understand the torque reason as the new TTS has 350nm (same as the TT Diesel) yet the TTS gets S-Tronic.

Replying to Scotts DSG question, if I was buying a petrol I would again go for full control and ejoyment of a manual (as I did with current TT) but I think a DSG would really suit the TDI engine and take the effort out of driving. In other words moving from petrol to diesl for the first time it will hide my diaapointment of the narrow rev band and maximise swift progress with more tourque available.
I think it's something to do with the difference torque delivery between petrol and diesel cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.