Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone confirm that having the Dynaudio soundpack (without Sat Nav or CD autochanger) doesn't mean that you lose the MDI (Multi Device Interface)?
On looking at the price list (no details in the brochure) it states that having the CD autochanger in the centre armrest (with or without Dynaudio) will result in no MDI. This makes sense to me because obviously the autochanger goes where the MDI cable is fitted. I thought this was pretty clear but I've seen a couple of posts which implied that having Dynaudio meant losing the MDI.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can't actually confirm as we have yet to take delivery, but my understanding was that Dynaudio should not impact MDI. We have Dynaudio included but no sat nav. (No point, the car will soon learn the way to Ikea which is Mrs Blink's second home). If you go for Sat Nav and if you also want the auto changer then yes, I understand that fits where the MDI is

·
Registered
454 Posts
I ticked the Dynaudio without Sat Nav and have 6 CD changer built into the head unit, input jack in the central arm rest with two cables (one which has my 120GB iPod plugged in - circa 30,000 tracks!!) and a further MDI socket between the armrest and the handbrake. Also the head unit has the SD card reader which I haven't had to use hence the iPod.

As a bit of feedback when I first got the Roc I thought the stereo was really good but not as good as I had hoped. After about 2 weeks of ownership the speakers had bedded themselves in and the sound quality is the bollocks now. :D

Whilst not a big boom box sound the quality is excellent and if you turn it up around 20 your internal organs vibrate!!

Hope this helps but if you like your tunes tick the box - you know you will allways think what if!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
A little bit of info of how dynaudio works in the real world. Its higher wattage, what this means in real terms is you can play you're music louder without distortion on treble and bass. Its balanced so don't expect loads of unruly bass or shreeking treble. Its just quality sound, unlike your average amp/sub install.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the confirmation guys.
I did tick the Dynaudio box; as LCM says, if you don't then you just think what if!! :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
PGN said:
Thanks for the confirmation guys.
I did tick the Dynaudio box; as LCM says, if you don't then you just think what if!! :D
Thats why we ticked most of the boxes

A car salesman's dream but what the hell, did it with eyes very wide open!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts