Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to order a set of metal pedals from my dealer to fit to my DSG Roc before I pick it up.

However I have just noticed that the interior images of the forthcoming Scirocco R show a car with a DSG box and metal pedals, but unlike the set you can order at the moment the foot rest has a metal cover as well.

I presume that once this car is launched these pedals will become available to order?

Do people think it would be worth waiting for these and getting a complete matching set, rather than have to leave the standard foot rest or get a third party one that doesnt properly match, and have to fit them myself or pay the dealer for a retro fit?

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
ddubya said:
I was about to order a set of metal pedals from my dealer to fit to my DSG Roc before I pick it up.

However I have just noticed that the interior images of the forthcoming Scirocco R show a car with a DSG box and metal pedals, but unlike the set you can order at the moment the foot rest has a metal cover as well.

I presume that once this car is launched these pedals will become available to order?

Do people think it would be worth waiting for these and getting a complete matching set, rather than have to leave the standard foot rest or get a third party one that doesnt properly match, and have to fit them myself or pay the dealer for a retro fit?
thats up to you, you could wait but its going to be quite a few months

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
With nearly all VW and Audi models that have metal pedal sets, the Left hand drive set includes a dead pedal/footrest and the Right hand drive set doesn't. I would wager that when the Scirocco R is released here, in RHD form, that it won't have the footrest either. They haven't done it with any of it's predecessors in any of the VAG group so I can't see it happening now.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
With nearly all VW and Audi models that have metal pedal sets, the Left hand drive set includes a dead pedal/footrest and the Right hand drive set doesn't. I would wager that when the Scirocco R is released here, in RHD form, that it won't have the footrest either. They haven't done it with any of it's predecessors in any of the VAG group so I can't see it happening now.
good point evil you could be right

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evil Derboy said:
Thats what I was wondering, typical! Oh well I shall stick with plan A then and get them ordered.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
ddubya said:
Evil Derboy said:
Thats what I was wondering, typical! Oh well I shall stick with plan A then and get them ordered.
i would order them now

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
ddubya said:

this might be worth a look before you order viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1266

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.