Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Heard from VW today that my car has been built, went into build week 48 apparently so not sure why it has taken so long! Its in Germany at the moment and waiting to be shipped over. The dealer does not know a date for shipping yet, but it should be with me 7-10 days after. How long did you guys have to wait after it was built? Im guessing they will stop shipping over Christmas and New Year so I will get it early January?

Chris

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just had confirmation mine will be arriving in UK next Monday (29th) and will be ready for me to collect on the 2nd :D I want christmas and new year to hurry up and pass now ha

·
Registered
29 Posts
chr15 said:
audio-fusion said:
chr15 said:
Its in Germany at the moment and waiting to be shipped over.
Aren't these built in Portugal? I thought that they shared the EOS factory!?!?
They are indeed. But for some silly reason they are shipped to Germany for quality control checking.
So that's where our money goes!!! :eek:

G

·
mine took less than two weeks from build date.

VW a behind when giving you dates so chances are it was built befor they said it was!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A bit worried about whether mine will come with the Xenons or not. Somebody on another forum I read had a car shipped over same time as mine same build week and collecting end of this week however his did not have the Xenons even though they were ordered and confirmed. Will have to wait and see but I will be a bit pissed off if they are not fitted to it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
chr15 said:
Will have to wait and see but I will be a bit pissed off if they are not fitted to it.
That would be a huge shame, would you still accept the car?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Two Scirocco's with Xenons came through today over at Crewe VW, so theres a good chance your's will have Xenons.

They had a White and Black delivered today...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think you should be ok as a few others now have had their deliveries and Xenons are on! I'm so jealous.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The car arrived at the dealer today. Apparently it takes them a day and a half to PDI it? :? Hopefully I can get it tomorrow. Dealer have said it has Xenon's but I don't trust the woman who said it until I see it as she probably hasn't been out to check :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow! Enjoy, don't forget to post pics!!!

I can't imagine what it will be like to collect the roc,mine won't be around until at least early March - seems like years away at the moment!

·
Registered
484 Posts
pdi only takes a hour max and thats checkin everything i can do them in half hour i have done so many at tis stage

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At a guess I reckon they don't have the pedals or sills in yet as the person I spoke to said something on the phone which gave that impression. To be honest as long as it is here Wednesday so I can drive to Autosport show on the Thursday il be happy. It would of been good to have it delivered today so I could of handed it over to my detailer and good friend for it to be detailed and waxed tomorrow but its too late now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts