Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last its arrived. :D

Ive been waiting for 16 weeks and dreaming of it every night. Can't wait for morning to go drive it again..
Not sure if the ACC actually does anything though. Does anyone have any detailed info or feelings on what it actually should do?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I thought it did..................

iMotormag - Scirocco Review - Tom Phillips

http://www.imotormag.co.uk/carreviews/2 ... eview.html

"The Scirocco debuted VW’s excellent adaptive chassis control (ACC), which gives you three modes â€" comfort, normal and sport â€" to choose from, each with their own damper, steering and accelerator settings. I was a bit sceptical, but you really can feel the difference, and it really works. Comfort is great on the motorway, while Sport gives you that extra throttle response ."

·
Registered
618 Posts
Thta is just some writer, the VW technical bliurb doesnt mention acceleration.

http://www.volkswagen.com/vwcms/master_ ... r/dcc.html

The DCC adaptive suspension control system offers drivers three different programs to suit their mood: “Sport”, “Normal” and “Comfort”. The “Sport” mode, for instance, features relatively stiff dampers to match the changed steering characteristics. The result is a driving experience on a par with that of an agile sports car. However, the DCC adaptive suspension control system can do much more: It provides the optimum settings for every individual driving situation and type of road. This provides a suspension feeling similar to that of a luxury saloon (like the Phaeton). The control system always remains active and is ever ready to ensure sporty stiff suspension when changing lanes, even in “Comfort” mode.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think ACC is a 'nice to have' rather than essential feature but if VW had not fitted it to the car in the first place and provided a standard suspension setting they could have saved themselves some money (have my cynical hat on!).

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Yeah I can back Andy up on this. It's a different system than Audi's. The Audi system uses metal particles which are contained in the fluid inside the damper. A current is passed through which causes the particles to gather together at one end of the damper which firms the suspension up. The system varies the ride constantly and it works much faster with more degrees of adjustment than ACC.

ACC on the other hand is a mechanical solution. Still good but not as precise as Audi's magnetic ride set up. Also ACC doesn't do anything to the throttle response. A couple of motor journos said that it did but the fact is it doesn't change it. It's purely the suspension.

I'm still not convinced that I notice any difference with any of the ACC settings other than the heavier steering in sport mode.

G

·
vee_dubber_h said:
i second that, but comfort for motorways deffo! :lol: :lol:
I always use sport on motorways, just find it feels more stable and solid.

Im used to rock hard suspension tho, having come from a 3 series m sport with run flats. Would have loved a comfort setting on that!

Comfort does help loads on the speed bumps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.