Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just enquiring what views members have on reverse parking their beloved Rocs. I had ordered mine with parking sensors and have just been informed that the car has not had them fitted :( Delivery is on Thursday and have been told that they can be ordered and fitted by the local dealer (in Kent and I am in Manchester), but they have none in stock. I have now decided not to wait and will consider getting my local dealer to fit them. Are the sensors fitted by local UK dealers to the same factory spec? should I wait and see how difficult Rocs are to reverse, have cruise fitted instead or just pocket the £315 :?

·
Registered
252 Posts
If I were you, I'd negotiate by reducing the price of the car, £300 off isn't good enough - the car your buying isn't the car you've agreed too therefore you have every right to decline it and get your deposit back.

I'm not saying reject the car - I'm saying threaten to reject it and see how low they will go to sell it to you.

That's what I would do, months of waiting and your going to settle for less than perfect :?:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Mmmmm.... Yes, if you are considering playing the "reject this car" game then you might want to take a good poker player along with you. Thought about this scenario myself for when I eventually (yawn) come to collect my Roc.
Remember the 12 weeks or more you have waited and might have to wait again for a fresh order to come through (could you really do that again). And the rumour is that there are few Rocs in stock in dealer's showrooms so they would probably have no trouble selling your rejected car.
Be very careful.
But all the same if must be really disappointing to find out that its not the exact car you ordered. You probably could have got that spec weeks ago from elsewhere. What is the point of waiting 12 weeks plus for a factory order when you don't get what you ordered ?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Kick up a fuss, how hard can it be to get your order right? Half price dealer fit sensors or free GAP in addition to taking them factory ones off your order. Don't be shy, you won't get anything. I was pee'd off with a mini dealer once, soon sorted the problem when i started getting annoyed in the showroom where someone was looking at a £45k BMW :twisted:

Get the sensors one way or the other though, I wouldn't have bought the roc without them.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Actually, just thinking. Although dealer fit sensors don't tie up with the visual display that's probably because they are cheaper / easier to install that way.
I can't believe that its impossible for a dealer to fit a factory spec sensor kit. Might cost them a bit more but it can't be that difficult - ask them. No, TELL them.
Anyone know any different.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Get the best you can out of them arguing that dealer fit are not the same spec as factory fit. Let us know how you get on

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I wouldnt be happy about that. :evil: At the end of the day there are still stock cars about, if you werent bothered about options you could have had a car much sooner than waiting for a factory order. I dont think I would go as far as to threaten not to take the car as that could backfire :oops: but I would be wanting more than just my £315 back. Maybe aluminium pedals or even a wheel upgrade as well in compensation!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.