Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a 2 gig SD media stick to upload music from my PC on to the Roc hard drive.Any tips etc on the Bit rate, format to use etc etc.
how many tracks can I load and will playlist already created be available to import as well?

P.S i'm useless with the PC. Do I just drag and drop from the Media centre or WMP. I have windows vista.

cheers BoaT

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Bitofatit said:
I have bought a 2 gig SD media stick to upload music from my PC on to the Roc hard drive.Any tips etc on the Bit rate, format to use etc etc.
how many tracks can I load and will playlist already created be available to import as well?

P.S i'm useless with the PC. Do I just drag and drop from the Media centre or WMP. I have windows vista.

cheers BoaT
The higher the bitrate the lower the number of tracks that you can fit. As for format I always just stick with MP3s as these can pretty much be played on anything. Though someone will no doubt be along in a minute to harp on about OGG or other lossless formats but I'm not sure if the VW unit can play these. A good bit rate is around 192kbps. This is pretty much standard. Some people advocate higher bit rates but personally I can't tell much of a difference unless the bitrate is double that. Don't think you can drag and drop from Mediacentre but you may be able to do this with WMP. Though why go through the hassle? Just open the folder where your songs are stored and open the memorystick folder. Then all you need to do is drag and drop between the two until you run out of space.

I can't comment on playlists. If you mean the actual directory structure then, yes, I'm sure that it will remain intact. To be honest I haven't transferred music to the HDD and don't think I'll bother with it as I use a memorystick/ipod plugged into the MDI so I can't give you a definitive answer on this.

Let me know how you get on with playlists as this is something that I haven't explored and would be handy.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would agree with Evil Derboy, 192kbps should be adequate for most mp3 files. whilst on the subject of transferring file to HD, can i hijack the thread a little..

If you create a folder on the HD and copy some files to it, how can you at a later date copy another bulk load of files to the same folder. You can't seem to bulk highlight files on the SD, so I tried creating the same folder name and copying the new files into it on the SD, then trying to copy to HD, but it just prompts to say folder already exists?

anyone managed to do this?

cheers

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
JaseW said:
I would agree with Evil Derboy, 192kbps should be adequate for most mp3 files. whilst on the subject of transferring file to HD, can i hijack the thread a little..

If you create a folder on the HD and copy some files to it, how can you at a later date copy another bulk load of files to the same folder. You can't seem to bulk highlight files on the SD, so I tried creating the same folder name and copying the new files into it on the SD, then trying to copy to HD, but it just prompts to say folder already exists?

anyone managed to do this?

cheers
I didn't even know that you can create a folder on the HDD. I thought you just put it on the SD and then copy it over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.