Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner

MY 2010 changes

25K views 87 replies 32 participants last post by  uaeatv 
#1 ·
Apologies for slackness on this will update site with desktop update on monday - it is still unexciting though and won't affect the value of a p/x

#3 ·
Scirocco
All trims
â€" Coat hook moved from headlining to B pillar
â€" New steering wheels â€" see pictures 3a and 3b, below
â€" New Instrument cluster â€" see picture 4, below
â€" DAB radio aerial moved from roof to side window
â€" Bi-xenon headlights £860
â€" Winter pack with bi-xenon headlights £305
â€" Winter pack with bi-xenon headlights and leather upholstery £200
â€" Digital oil temperature indicator with highline computer
GT trim
â€" Optional 19-inch Lugano alloys £615 â€" see picture 5, below

#7 ·
I agree BM, quite a gentle upgrade, nothing too serious for us owners....nice alloys option though, reckon you will sell a few of those. Always amazes me a bit how people seem to feel very short changed by updates..understandable but its the nature of the car industry after all. Would any of us ever swap again...unless the R20 Roc came along?!?!? :p

#9 ·
I know its progress but that doesn't make me feel any better...
If only I'd waitied that little bit longer then I would be getting these desirable new bits on my roc.
I would deffo have gone for the xenons and the luganos...
Still at least I get the car soon :)

#10 ·
Sorry folks...i was overlooking the waiting situation...quite agree that its not good enough if it all occurs before you have got your cars. Having said that, is it me or have VW treated factory orders of the Roc pretty poorly anyway? Seems so...
Regarding upgrades generally I am not sure its always progress...its just how to sell [and make more] cars...Which steering wheel is the best? Going on reports of the mark V golfs lack of profitability to VW, perhaps the first Roc one is still the best!

#13 ·
Hello Everyone.

I'm a new member and posting for the first time. Will be looking at placing my order in the next few weeks but am keen to catch the 2010 model year changes.

Looking at the new updates the intrument binnacle and steering wheels mirror whats going in the new Golf GTI (except possibly for the red stitching round the wheel).

Iv'e just downloaded the latest ROC price guide from the VW website - and its got the new Lugano alloys in there.

However a question for BM - in the retailer supplied accessories - under Sport - there is "Bodykit" - but contact your dealer for details. BM - can you get pricing and pictures?

thanks.

#18 ·
Hello to everybody, i am also a mew member in this forum . i order my Rocco 2 of April..2.0 tsi dsg candy white.. my dealer contact with me and said that mine goes in production 26 of May and that i will get the car aprox 20 of june!!! i read in this forum A)that 2010 upgrade will begin 1 june and b) another person said from week 22 of production!!!

26 of May is 22 week of the year, from 1 of june is week 23.. does anyone knows if mine will come with new look????
thank u !
p.s sorry if my spelling is wrong ,i am from greece athens

#19 ·
Hi Kum, I ordered my Roc 2 days before you and was told the same, week 22 etc.
I've just heard from my dealer today that the 12 week lead in has now been extended to a 16 week lead in and that I am now looking at getting my car at end of July (2009 I presume :roll: )
He did confirm however that I would be getting a MY2010 model with various changes like the steering wheel and bits that take it more in line with the new Golf.
And the wait could still go up or down :cry:

#20 ·
ZephyR said:
Hi Kum, I ordered my Roc 2 days before you and was told the same, week 22 etc.
I've just heard from my dealer today that the 12 week lead in has now been extended to a 16 week lead in and that I am now looking at getting my car at end of July (2009 I presume :roll: )
He did confirm however that I would be getting a MY2010 model with various changes like the steering wheel and bits that take it more in line with the new Golf.
And the wait could still go up or down :cry:
Thats good that you are getting a 2010 facelifted model, however, IMHO it would have been nice to be told that before you ordered so that you could have considered the options etc?? Im sure you could still opt for 19 Luganos if you wanted, but considering you may be arranging financing and some options may be factory order I would have thought telling you what "year" car you were getting at the time of ordering would be a matter of courtesy, or am I over-reacting?? :?

#21 ·
Well I'm not too bothered over the minor update changes, from what I've heard, but yeah, perhaps they should have told me that model I'd be getting would be a bit different from the one in the showroom and the spec in the brochure.
One thing did cross my mind - at one stage it was thought that the 2010 models might have alloy pedals. I don't like them - bloody dangerous with wet or muddy shoes from my past experience. Would not be happy if my new Roc came with them :!:

#22 ·
are the lugano's actually available to order now? i ordered the sagitta's but it's a titanium colour i think i prefer the look of the sagitta's but the prefer the colour of the lugano's. too late to change now though :(

#23 ·
hi i ordered my scirocco 2wk ago hopin delivery 1st sept and jus noticed this forum about MY2010..my dealer hasn't mentioned anything to me about changes shall i go to dealer and question n see if i can add couple xtra's.. should i of been notfied of the 2010 change??? shud i b gettin the slightly upgraded features? :?

#24 ·
amy said:
hi i ordered my scirocco 2wk ago hopin delivery 1st sept and jus noticed this forum about MY2010..my dealer hasn't mentioned anything to me about changes shall i go to dealer and question n see if i can add couple xtra's.. should i of been notfied of the 2010 change??? shud i b gettin the slightly upgraded features? :?
It's always worth double checking with your dealer, especially if it was not mentioned.

#25 ·
amy said:
As Tony said it is worth double checking, although I know of some deliveries in August that are 2010 models. But as build/delivery time depends on what options you select that doesnt really mean much. A quick phone call should get you an answer!! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.