Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed yesterday before cleaning my car for the first time, that it is completely scratched all over including plasic rear light casing. i am furious, i stupidly paid £400 for superguard which is supposed to protect the paint work, but in the process of applying it they completely scratched it! what a waste of money, now i'm going to have to get it proffesionally detailed to get scratches out. should i write a letter of complaint? what should i do?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
donnie darko said:
i noticed yesterday before cleaning my car for the first time, that it is completely scratched all over including plasic rear light casing. i am furious, i stupidly paid £400 for superguard which is supposed to protect the paint work, but in the process of applying it they completely scratched it! what a waste of money, now i'm going to have to get it proffesionally detailed to get scratches out. should i write a letter of complaint? what should i do?

thanks.
Sorry to hear your strife DD. I would get straight in it and take it back to which ever knob end did the job and demand they put it right immediately. But ensure that they get an experienced and knowledgable person on the job... that's presuming they actually have one.

Good luck.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks i'm going there tomorrow so i will tell them. what were yur cars like when you picked them up? did u not notice and swirls in the paintwork at all?

cheers

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Mine was an ex-demo so the paintwork was a right mess. Havent got round to getting it detailed but it is certainly on my to-do-list. From what I have seen you could get 3-4 full details done for the price of one of these "paint protection" jobbies. I reckon a full detail once or twice a year plus some tlc from myself in between is the way I will go.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imitebeurda said:
Mine was an ex-demo so the paintwork was a right mess. Havent got round to getting it detailed but it is certainly on my to-do-list. From what I have seen you could get 3-4 full details done for the price of one of these "paint protection" jobbies. I reckon a full detail once or twice a year plus some tlc from myself in between is the way I will go.
i agree, a weekly clean and professional detail couple of times sounds good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.