Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, many of you will know that I got this car on the 1st of May but then it was sat in the dealers for a month waiting on a part. I got the car back on Wednesday and boy have I been busy!

Alloy Pedals
First thing I did was swap out the alloy pedals from the TT for the rubber ones in the Roc. They're exactly the same.

H&R Springs
Whilst the car was at the dealers I dropped off a set of H&R springs which they fitted for me for the bargain price of £100.00. Car now sits 35mm lower.

Gear Knob
Next I swapped out the gear knob for the one in the TT

Superchips Bluefin Remap - 262BHP | 391 Nm of torque http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/VW Scirocco20TFSi.pdf
On thursday I ordered the Bluefin from superchips. It arrived on Friday and the whole remap process took about half an hour. The car is transformed. Not a huge difference pulling away from a stand still but 50-100mph now happens in the blink of an eye. Car is ultra smooth in it's power delivery and 6th still has plenty of poke as well.

Brake Calipers

For full details of this see my other thread. Used a tin of Japlac (Signal Red) which is only about £5.99 from B&Q/Homebase etc. Did the first coat last night and the second today. Now just waiting on the paint to fully harden before I put the spring clips back in the front calipers. Japlac is perfect for the job and much cheaper than the Foliatec kits.

Partial Debadge
I removed the "Scirocco" badge and the "2.0" badge leaving behind the "TSI" part. I have ordered a red GTI badge. It was only a fiver and is the same still as the new Golf GTI but in red. My plan is to use the GT part and put it where the Scirocco badge used to be. if I like it I'll remove the "TSI" badge on the other side. if I don't like it I'll chuck it away!

Next Up - Speakers

I have 2 sets of in-phase 2 way XTC62 speakers waiting to go in. In order to fit these you need wiring adaptors and a speaker ring adaptor from Autoleads. Still waiting on these arriving and I''ll do a write up for anyone else who wants to do this.

Alloys
Still thinking about changing these for RS6 reps. But I may hang off till I need new tyres.

Here's some pics of the car so far:

This is the car as it arrived, Totally standard

Alloy pedals and standard Gear Knob

New gear knob

(Almost) finished brake caliper

Megiuars Tech Wax 2.0

Partially de-badged

Finished article so far

·
Registered
66 Posts
Busy?? I'd say!!! You've done more work on your car in 3 days than VW have done on it in over a month :lol:

Glad to see you have it back and getting it how you want, hard work done well :clap:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MRKJM said:
Where did you buy the lowering springs Evil & how much did they cost? Would like to see the Gti badge when you put it on..
Hi mate. Springs were from a German ebay seller and they were £150 delivered (via UPS) arrived in about a week. Not sure how the GTI badge will look. I'm only planning to use the G and T to make it a GT badge. I'll whack it on and if it looks :thumbdown: then I'll just bin it. Actually really liking just having the TSI badge on it at the moment.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yea have to say likin the Tsi badge myself :thumbup: Have my rocco on order getting it de-badged though like the look of your's. I suppose if I did decide later on I could buy a Tsi badge and stick it on some way... :think:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MRKJM said:
Yea have to say likin the Tsi badge myself :thumbup: Have my rocco on order getting it de-badged though like the look of your's. I suppose if I did decide later on I could buy a Tsi badge and stick it on some way... :think:
According to Ryancooke they don't come from the factory debadged. He says that the dealer does it once it arrives (he works in a VW bodyshop) so you could tell them to leave the TSI part on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
MRKJM said:
According to Ryancooke they don't come from the factory debadged. He says that the dealer does it once it arrives (he works in a VW bodyshop) so you could tell them to leave the TSI part on.
Didn't realise that but I wonder are they all the same since it's an option on the website? Just sent the guy I'm dealing with a txt there so he'll let me know. Seen a guy on either this forum or Scirocco Central who took off his badges to be still left with the print in the paint :shock: , (paint must have been still wet'ish when they where applied) wonder what the Tsi badge would look like on the other side where the Scirocco badge is supposed to be.. :think:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MRKJM said:
Evil Derboy said:
MRKJM said:
Didn't realise that but I wonder are they all the same since it's an option on the website? Just sent the guy I'm dealing with a txt there so he'll let me know. Seen a guy on either this forum or Scirocco Central who took off his badges to be still left with the print in the paint :shock: , (paint must have been still wet'ish when they where applied) wonder what the Tsi badge would look like on the other side where the Scirocco badge is supposed to be.. :think:
A bit of T-Cut would sort out any problems with it being on the paint I reckon. Trick is not leave your badges on for too long before taking them off. Especially with a Red car (not sure what colour the on Centrals was). You'd need to buy another TSI badge to have it moved over. Once you take these badges of they're not going back on again.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I took my badges off in early march, the car had been on the road since september. Dental floss too them off, a touch of thinners on a cloth and a quick wipe and then some super resin polish and you would never know they had been there! :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.