Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right guys im looking into my roc, but there are a few options i want ive narrowed it down as much as i can, you advice would be great, if i should avoid certain ones if i can get them cheaper elsewhere etc. its just a shame so many things are options, as ive never owned a vw before im new to this.

looking forward to hearing your reviews.

cheers.

1. autohold (sounds a good aid)

2. carpet mats (do these come with scirocco on them?)

3. smoke pack (to hide big hole in lower dash????)

4. xenon lights (expensive but a 100% must in my opinon)

5. paint (either blue or white car although i love blue)

6. dyno audio (if this is as good as people say dont mind paying for it)

7. flat tyre indicator (seems a very useful device)

8. park sensors (a must as many of you have said)

9.ipod adaptor (do i need this with gt spec?)

10.door sills (makes the car that extra special)

11. mudflaps (in 2 minds hopefully it will keep all the crap off the paintwork)

13. alloy pedals (a must i think tranforms the car)

ive dropped leather and dsg out of my extras.

·
Registered
169 Posts
SCOTT said:

These are all IMO

1. Dont bother.
2. Yup, go for the mats, i didnt get any other given to me and had to get some. Quite pleased with them they fit like a glove.
3. Quite glad i didnt go for this, as there is little other cubby space in the car so having an ash tray there would just remove cubby space. If your a smoker... go for it :)
4. Thats your choice :)
5. i've got rising blue (check my picture in this months photo comp) - all my mates think its stunning
6. dynaudio is a must do upgrade - its really really good.
7. ive speced this, hope not to use it but agree with your thoughts.
8. they are a must have because of the large ass.
9. think this is standard, not sure if its GT only - make sure to ask for it from the dealer as they tend not to supply them by default (naughty of them!)
10. yeah taht would be cool
11. wouldnt bother, by default its got small mud deflectors or whatever and they seem to be working great so far (my girlfriend lives on a muddy lane)
12. <you appear to have missed 12!!
13. yeah that would be sweet.

HTH, Tim

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi Scott
I would make the following comments:-
1. auto hold is useful with dsg as you don't get the lurch usual with auto trans when moving on a hill .
2. Mats def worthwhile but judging from the look of mine after 2500 miles they already show quite worn with heel marks under the pedals. I just have the standard ones so maybe the 'premium' ones are better.
3. i echo what Tim says above
4. Xenon lights are great a must imo
5. can't comment on yopur colour choice as this is very personal!
6. Dynaudio is superb.
7. can't go wrong at the price.
8. def get sensors and the radio display is very useful so aftermarket fitting not as good.
9. not sure if standard but certainly a must.
10. door sills good idea but the premium ones with scirocco on them are less practical than the cheaper ones as they don't wrap over the sill edge.
11. I have the mud flaps and think they are worthwhile. From the rear they make the car look more squat too.
12/13 alloy pedals look good and i will prob get them soon.

Hope this helps!
Waggers in viper :mrgreen:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies so far, oh yh i cant count lol i missed 12 out.

auto hold also has electronic brake?? this mean there is no handbrake lever just a switch like audi?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
waggers said:
No it has a handbrake as usual but you don't need it for a hill start you just hold your foot on the brake and then when you take it off and accelerate it moves forward without rolling back.
i see thanks for that.

anyone else like to comment on the extras please :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
SCOTT said:
Don't bother, its crap. The only reason would have it is to replace one of the blanking plates on the centre console with an actual button.

SCOTT said:
Don't get the factory fit ones! Wait until your car is delivered to the dealership and ask for the premium mats out of the brochure. They are nicer than factory fit ones and have "Scirocco" written on them.

SCOTT said:
YES! I wish i'd specced this... :(

SCOTT said:
Again wish i could have specced this... wasn't an option at the time (how can VW just run out of xenons!?!?!?).

SCOTT said:
I originally chose rising blue but changed to white. Its a nightmare to keep clean but it certainly draws the most attention (along with viper green). I'm 100% happy wth my colour choice.

SCOTT said:
I have it. Can't say i notice it much but the sound is great in the car. I would have to be in a car without it to tell the difference. The Dynaudio badges looks cool though :)

SCOTT said:
Its cheap. No reason not to spec it, i'm sure i'll be glad I have it if i ever get a flat tyre.

SCOTT said:
Absolutley necessary.

SCOTT said:
I'm pretty sure you don't have to spec this. It comes with the car as standard

SCOTT said:
They are very very very very nice. Money well spent

SCOTT said:
NO! I really don't like them. Plus if you ever lower the car your probs gonna have to remove them anyhow. Unless your rallycrossing, there isn't much mud splatter at all.

SCOTT said:
Again, they looks awesome. Another must

SCOTT said:
You hear lots of people on here dissing the leather option. I call them "leather bashers" (hehe :lol:). I think its terrific. I was going to change the upholstery when i got the car to some custom leather/alcantara but the leather option is so nice that I thought it would be a huge waste.
DSG is dependant on your needs and engine size. If your having the 1.4 and looking to remap, DON'T have DSG as your already pretty much on the 7 speed DSG's torque limit in stock form. However if your commuting/a salesman and are doing lots of miles, the 7 speed DSG is supposedly as sweet as a nut on gear changes. Its probably got slightly too many gears though really... it doesn't need 7...
If your going for the 2.0 then the DSG has you covered on remaps as the torque limit is much higher. also its fantastic on the gear change and the response is just so so quick. plus the paddle shift is dead cool. Lots of people will condemn DSG as "its not a real driver's car if its not a manual". I have a 1.4 manual and its great. If i'd had the 2.0 (bastard insurance!!!) i would have gone for DSG.

RANT OVER! :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
You need Dynaudio in your life, believe me..only other options are flat tyre indicator, sensors are okay, but you soon get used to life without them, Xenons are nice too, so for me:

Dynaudio

Flat tyre indicator

Xenons

The rest is just gravy, although i do like my DAB, but i dont like the gay ariel you get with it!!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Is it worth the money?
Standard ones don't. Premium ones at £70 do.
Unless you smoke, better to get the storage unit from a mark 5 golf which slots straight in and has less button blanks. This is on my list.
Superb but I'd rather drop these and have leather
Both good colours. Love the white the best but it is the prevailing colour on the Roc so if you want more individuality blue will be better.
Standard audio is rubbish in my opinion and I will be fitting new speakers at the weekend so Dynaudio is a good option.
It's only a couple of quid so worth throwing in.
This is quite nice but not worth the cash in my opinion.
The car should come with an ipod adaptor lead free of charge.
Like them but dissapointing that the premium ones don't cover the full width of the sill like the non premium ones do.
Thought about these and then decided against them. there's too much unpainted rubber and plastic on the car already.
Definitely worth it, though they are a rip off.

Can't disagree more on the leather. It's not cheap but it transforms the interior of the car. Personally I'd drop some of your other options to have this.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The GT is a well-specified car and I just can't see the point of loads of options (other than making money for Mr VW!). Keep it to the following and you won't go far wrong. Also you will lose less money on re-sale:
- paint (unless you want white or red)
- rear parking sensors
- phone prep (but only if you have a rSAP enabled phone)
- de-badge (looks smart and is free)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.